need some advice about getting around ..

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ettenyl, Jan 11, 2007.

1. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I'm going on vacation, but of course I'm going to do something work related while there. I'm staying at the Barcelo Maya Beach, but one day I'm going to check out the Grand Gala Esmerelda, the Sandos Caracol, and the Sandos Playacar.

Any idea how much a taxi would cost to do my little trip? Or is there a better way of getting between places? I was going to see about jumping on the Signature bus running back and forth from resorts to the airport, and I'm just waiting to hear back from my rep, but if that doesn't work I have to get around myself! :?

2. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Taxi's cost whatever you negotiate them to (and it's IMPERATIVE that you get the price up front!).
    Since every place you're going is either in or near the same general area and somewhat off of the 'beaten path', you should be able to negotiate a taxi for something like $5 (50 pesos, more or less) per leg for the shorter legs and $10 to $15 for the longer.

If your review of these places can all take place in one day, you can rent a little VW for $22 (http://www.cancuntravel.com/cars.asp) for the day - and that would allow for stops along the way and other flexibility.

3. Corona_couple

Corona_couple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same subject~

We are staying at the Golden Parnassus for a few days then heading down to stay at Sandos Playacar for a few days. We called our TA and shes checking around to try and find us a transfer from hotel to hotel. But she said best bet would probably be taxi or bus. We are familiar with the big bus terminal in Playa....Anyone know where we could get on a bus in Cancun that goes down there? and how much it is? TA said taxi would be around $50 give or take. I checked out Cancun Valet and they are around $80..so just trying to weigh our options.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice!
    Jul

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    There is a similar but bigger bus terminal in Cancun.

Price to Playa is $5 or so (been a while since we used it but that wont be far off).

The bus terminal is downtown, just beyond the Town Hall on Avenida Tulum and opposite the Commercial Mexicana supermarket. The Walmart bus will take you right by it (possibly the other buses going downtown too, again I havent caught a bus that way for a long time)

Since you'll have luggage I'd recommend a taxi to the bus station (maybe $10) and then the bus to Playa.

The buses are frequent, clean and comfortable - it's much more inexpensive than a taxi or private hire imho.

5. Corona_couple

Corona_couple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve!!!!!!! :D

6. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D Diane and I love to take the local buses, I think they are like .60 each way. The cabs always work out a price before you get in. We never paid high prices for cabs.

7. ettenyl

ettenyl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've totally decided against working while on vacation :lol: It's too much stress trying to plan out 'work time' during that week, so screw it! The only work I plan on doing will be on my tan!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice