need new windshield

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by cancunroberto, Jan 4, 2008.

1. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    coconut fell and broke mine!!haha really! where can i get a new one??

2. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HAHA those damn coconuts...

sorry i cant help you, but man i wish i could say that was the reason for the crack in my windshield...

lesson learned...do not park under the coconut tree :p :bandit:

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you drive on Uxmal and turn right on Portillo, down like a block or so, there is a place on the right. They are excellent and cheap.

Sorry, the name escapes me, but if you have the Yellow Pages, which I don't right now, it's in there.

4. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks

thankyou elizabeth im on my way!!!!!!!!!!ill let you know

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please do because I feel like a total idiot telling you where to go without knowing the name.

Although directions in Mexico usually start like this...

Count three topes and then turn right at the taco stand. When you see the ugly orange house make a left and then count three garbage bins. The window place is right there.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I remember when I was in Hawaii that there were signs on many coconut trees that said the property owner was not responsible for your windshield if you parked under the tree.

In Mexico there's no need for a sign because it goes without saying that the property owner isn't responsible for zip.

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey LIz. Is it an autoglass place or a body shop run by my buddy Max? That's right where his shop is located.

8. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NO LUCK!!!!!!!!

went there and to roto also my glass is impossible to get as its a 1999 Saturn!!!!!!!!652.00 to import one

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No they just do glass. Sorry to hear that! My friend has a Saturn too and she had to have a part sent her via Fedex. Big bucks but it was the only way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice