Need hotel advice...............

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by MikeySwags, Feb 11, 2007.

1. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would but the guy I am travelling with is in school and that is his week off so it is either we go in 2 weeks or I wait till May :? Definitely would like to be ther during spring break but what can ya do. As long as there are young people there who want to have a good time that's all that matters.

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to be the one to put this out there but Papa John's is no longer there, in fact I am quite sure all of them were bought up and changed into Dominos'.

212eric

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whew you scared me there..Love Dominos as well

4. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow that is devastating........Domino's is alright but Papa John's was the best pizza goin as far as I'm concerned.

So you are sayin that the building is still there just as a Domino's now? Could be worse I suppose.

So it looks like we are going for the Tucancun. Read a ton of reviews on trip advisor and it looks like it is exactly the kind of place we are looking for. Only problem I am having now is booking it, itravel200.com and expedia.ca are showing no availability on the dates we want/need to go. Going to see a travel agent today hopefully I have more luck there.

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I am finding that many hotels are showing they are all booked out for the peak week, march 7-13, and only offer dates form the 16th on.

The Tucancun is a good choice. BUt I would for sure go in and speak with a rep and see what availability they have. And if they dont' have any try to go and see another one, some companies are alotted different amounts of flights and hotel spaces..

6. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I definitely think it is just a case of their allotment running out, on expedia.ca they had no availability for vacation packages at the Tucancun for our travel dates, but if I wanted to book just the hotel it was no problem. So they must not be completely booked for the week we want to go.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seems it's just the flights that are selling out. I know there are alot of dates that are sold out..

When exactly are you wanting to fly out?

8. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Either the 24th or 25th of February, would prefer the 24th so I would have a day to recover before going back to work.

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    did you try other online booking sites besides expedia or itravel?

theres redtag.ca and exitnow.ca, holidaymarkettravel, belairtravel, selloffvacations.com ect...

best bet would be to go to a travel agent, just stay away from the flight centre.

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I searched on wwww.holidaymarkettravel.com, and they said no availability for the Tucancun, could be sold out. But if you do a search for the 25th, you will see loads of other hotels come up..Even the Oasis Cancun shows up, and they are around 970 plus 200 taxes..Not bad pricing

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice