Need hotel advice...............

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by MikeySwags, Feb 11, 2007.

1. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Myself and a friend are hoping to go to Cancun in a couple weeks and looking for a place to stay. This will be our fifth time going so we are pretty familiar with Cancun but looking for a new hotel.

Previously we have stayed at the Carribean Village(2x), the Oasis Cancun and most recently at the Blue Bay Getaway.

We loved the party atmosphere at the Blue Bay but missed the beautiful beach that you find on the gulf side, so we are looking to find a place to stay on that side of Cancun.

Not looking to go back to the Oasis, nice hotel and great grounds but was almost too big. Found it difficult to meet people and didn't like that the hotel did not organize nightly trips to the bars. We really enjoyed our stays at the Carribean Village, might not have been a luxury resort but the food was decent, the staff were nice and organized trips to the bars every night, and seemed to attract a decent amount of younger people who were there to party and have a good time.

So basically we are looking for a place that does attract young people(we are both 24), located on the gulf side closer to downtown, has a decent party atmosphere with organized nights out etc.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in
    advance....

*edit.......Should also mention that we don't want to spend 2 grand on the trip, looking for roughly $1200 CAN tax in for the vacation, maybe a little more. Thanks.

2. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the board..

Are you looking to go on Spring Break?

Hotels I would recommend would be the Costa Real, Caribe Real, Riu Cancun. Or even the Tucancun, I am staying there this time myself.

3. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with everything whdream suggested. I would just like to add the following to your list to consider:
    Flamingo Resort
    Sunset Royal

Others may suggest the Riu Cancun or Riu Caribe however I believe these resorts may be a bit high for your price range.

212eric

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you state which dates you are going maybe we can help out with finding somehwere to book from..

5. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The Riu Cancun is looking promising, what is the beach like there? I definitely like the location.

We are planning on leaving in a couple weeks, arriving either the 24th or 25th of February and staying for 1 week.

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I would also recommend the Grand Solaris, GREAT place, same side as the oasis, 5 star hotel, and a good party atmosphere!

7. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just checking out the Tucancun right now and it is looking like it could be a winner. I love the location, right where the Carribean village used to be and I know there is a Papa John's right down the street. This is very important when you roll into the hotel at 3 am after a night at Coco Bongo's.

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Pizza is key.......Always nice to know Papa Johns is close by. :cool:

9. MikeySwags

MikeySwags Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Excellent I will check out the Grand Solaris as well.

haha pizza is definitely key, love flagging down the delivery boys on their mopeds and haggling a price, then sitting on the curb chowin down, haha. Man I can't wait to get there.

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love late night pizza...You should go a week or two later and go for Spring Break!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice