Need help picking a good hotel

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Hyru, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Hyru

Hyru Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all,

Me and some friends are going back to our home (Cancun) in July...

Weve been 4 times already:

2 times @ Oasis Cancun
    1 time @ Gran Caribe Real
    1 time @ Riu Cancun

all 3 hotels were pretty good... But now were looking for another recommendation.

Oasis, the crowd is great (young singles), but the hotel quality and other stuff was much below our expectations.

Gran Caribe Real - Good quality hotel but the crowd of young singles wasnt more than about 10 or so people

Riu Cancun - had the best of both worlds - young singles and great quality hotel. Unfortunately, it cost a small fortune and we were only able to go because of the strong Canadian dollar (last July)....

So now, were looking for some recommendations as to where to stay...

Important factors (in order):

1. Crowd (young singles)
    2. Hotel Quality/Star (this includes food, rooms, service, etc)
    3. Distance from the "clubbing zone" - if we can walk it, it'd be awesome.

So, any suggestions other than the 3 hotels weve already been to? :)

P.S: I was thinking that "Riu Caribe" would fit our needs... but Ive read that it could possibly be a more "family" type of resort? Would love some info!

Thanks!

2. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also came across "Temptation Resort and Spa"

hows that?

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i suggest the barcelo tucancun.

it has alot of young people and its a fantastic location. no real complaints about the food

mall across the street. short bus ride to the clubs. great entertainment staff, clean hotel...

i stayed at temptations when it was blue bay, however, i wasnt overly fussed on the place. there is a whole board devoted to it on here, perhaps its more for you? http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/index.php?c=5

read a bit about it

4. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would have also suggested you investigate Barcelo Tucancun, for the exact same reasons. Here are a few more recommendations to consider:

Flamingo Resort
    Sunset Royal
    NH Krystal-when you stay at NH Krystal, you may use the beach at the next door Dreams Resort. I mention this because this means that you would be increasing the possibilities of meeting more people.

While the resorts you mentioned, and the ones I suggested are All-Inclusive resorts, you may want to consider European Plan properties as well. The two main reasons are that AI resorts tend to attract more families with children, hence less singles, and the quality of the resort will be much better for the same money you would spend at an AI. Of course this would mean that your meals and beverages would not be paid for in the total price of your room reservation like at an AI resort, but it is something to consider. The places I recommend if you are open to staying at an EP resort include:
    Flamingo Resort-offers both AI and EP
    ME by Melia
    Hilton Golf & Spa Resort
    Marriott CasaMagna
    Fiesta Americana Condesa-offers AI plan when you check in.
    Gran Melia-AI is available for approximately $100 US dollars per person, on the days you want it, ask at the main reception desk for details.
    GR Solaris
    Royal Solaris

I realize there is a lot of info and choices to consider. My best recommendation is to consider what everyone here has to say, cross reference all the options and have fun during the process. Planning a vacation should be half the fun, and the people who post here will certainly be able to point you in the right direction I am quite sure.

212eric

5. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys...

I looked into Barcelo Tucancun. Although it has prety good reviews, the pictures of the place have me a bit worried. Its reminding me of a jail almost... whats up with the exterior? Who designed this place?!?

6. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahhahaa its not like a jail at all. i think alot of the barcelos are that color.

the place is actually quite nice and the rooms are clean as well as the rest of the hotel.

it also has the free mini fridge restocked daily :cool:

7. Sheffielder

Sheffielder Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is the Barcelo Costa like? Location? Food? Rooms?

8. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can also check on

Avalon Grand

Park Royal

M.E.

Golden Parnassus (Adults only) I stayed here in 2006.

Loved this place... Bus stop is a short way from the resort. 24/7 room service, etc.. Awesome Place...

9. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you want a decent all inclusive that is always action packed at the pool, nightly trips to the clubs at a discount and fairly decent meal choices other than just buffets; The Cancun Palace.
    You can email me for more detailed info and my photos over the past several years.
    Recently updated; age group 20's-40's not many young children.
    wwpcrmn@aol.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice