NEED HELP GUYS any cheap hotel in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Newtraveler, Feb 2, 2009.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not sure on the distances to the airport, when your not driving its hard to tell how far you have gone, but it is probably about a 15-20 minutes bus ride to the party center. Maybe one of the locals can give you better ditances then I can. That restaurants meals were about 5 USD for a huge breakfast and 7 to 10 USD for lunch or dinner. But you can eat cheaper then that there are several restaurants in this area and most have a menu with prices outside. When we go to the beach we stop at one of the little stores that sell pop and stuff and they sell these sub sandwiches for like a dollar and we would put them in a cooler and eat them at the beach. So you can spend as little or as much as you want.

2. Newtraveler

Newtraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Thanks Gonzo, thats some great advice you given me, all I need is a good transfer to pick me from the airport it says on their website its about 25 minute drive from the Airport to the Hotel. And you said the bus ride is about 20 mins to the party zone. Im hoping to go on the beach more and isla mujahres again via the boat and the usuall malls and stuff. Gonzo how often do you visit Cancun? and is 10 days enough just wondering why not 14. I dont know I may look into 10 days only thing is I will end up saying "I should have booked 14 days" lol . Anyway thanks for the info

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This will be our 8th year to Cancun. We started just going for a week and like you said that is not enough time. So then we started looking for cheap places to stay to extend our stay. I would stay at a place in the HZ but we wouldnt be able to stay for as long. This year we just booked for the 26th through the 8th and air only was 1003 USD without airpoort transfers and I then booked a package with air and hotel only staying for 2 days at the NH Krystal Cancun with airport transfers and the price for that was 1033 USD. Crazy pricing!! Then we move to Hotel Alux on Saturday for the rest of our stay.

We couldnt find a flight Saturday so now we are there for 11 days. I would stay longer but work and finances prevent that. Did you ever get to Playa Delphines(sp?). Its down by the Hilton Golf Course. Beautiful beach!

4. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Gonzo, Yea the HZ is pricly compared and now ive seen the place once I am more than happy to stay in accomodation outside of the HZ, 8th year to Cancun? im not surprised, have you considered other destinations like Brazil Cuba etc? For you being in the States its more closer for you guys for me its a long flight coming from Europe but Cancun has it all really, the beaches are the best your going to get.

Im just thinking of going for 10 nights as this would be sufficient, As long I get good places to eat, by the way do you remember the price at that Argentinan steak house? I ate their last time and their stakes were delicious, too bad I couldnt remember the price thanks to those Tequilas :D

As for Playa Delphines Im sure I went to it, I went and explored lots of parts of the beach but the one I used to use most was the one behind hardrock cafe, I used to go for a swim then eat on the shacks overlooking the turquoise water. I bet you cant wait counting down the days haha

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    The hotel Gonzo suggested is closer to the airport than your last place (Dos playas), but not by much. It's about 15 mins bus ride from this hotel to Dos Playas and maybe 20 mins to the party centre.

You also have downtown entertainment right on your doorstep.

6. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey thanks Steve, Sorry for the late reply, I see its closer to the airport than Dos Playas, thats great 20 mins to the party center coco bongo etc.. thats excellent. Thanks Steve :D

7. redhed

redhed Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you would remember Playa Delphines...it is so amazing. Waaay down the peninsula....there's a large lookout where you get a wonderful view of the beach and you can climb down stairs to the beach.... we take the bus down and jump out when we see the lookout. The waves are huge there! You must go! :D

8. cancunkrazy

cancunkrazy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi there! I am going to cancun in 20 days!. Got a deal frm onthebeach.com. £818 11 days all ins at carribbean princess cancun,plus flight meal,20kg allow,transfer to n frm. Booked in oct,been looking recently prices av shot up. Same thing nw is around £1,200. Stil keep an eye out on da site mate.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice