need a little help please

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by beachcomer, Dec 29, 2008.

1. beachcomer

beachcomer Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello to make a long story short my sister's kids have been through hell this past yr and i want to spoil both of them as they both need it and plus there good kids that just need some r&r .

lol trying to be the cool uncle i understand i have a day or two on most of you kids so ya im kinda out of touch with what would bee best for them .

i plan on bringing my sister and her kids both over 21 but once in cancun me and my sister plan to part company with the kids as we plan to stay at another resort ( 39 yrs old i feel old ) dont'want to feel out of place and plus im old lol ...

what i need to know is what hotel and how much each should i give them for spending money all the help would be great as this is going toi be one hell of a trip for them ...
    all the help would be great and thankyou

2. Boxy

Boxy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW What a great uncle.

Oasis is the party hotel, Grand Oasis is the 5* bit of the party hotel. It's worth the extra few $ for the Grand for better food and rooms.

It's not all that great but it's where the party atmosphere is and for someone under 25 looking for the time of there life it's where to be.

Spending money i tend to budget on $80/100 a night plus a bit for excursions $200? and a bit of clothes shopping at the mall.

3. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it's definitely spring break matey then 80/100$ per night is about right but I hear it's less at other times of the year....

Excursions can range massively... from like $25 for a simple trip to Isla mujeres to nealy $200 to swim with dolphins

the great thing is theres plenty of hotels to choose... if the kids are party kids then Oasis cancun is the place to be especially at spring break...and for the older folk there are alot of nicer more relaxed hotels I would suggest the Riu Cancun

Not holiding back the trip will be expensive but i'm sure it will be more than worth it... it's a great thing you're doing buddy!

4. beachcomer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the help on this one and like i said i have a day or two on most of you kids lol so i really don't know what to think and after watching (the real cancun) i umm would be scared to party with the brats ....i like the lable as the cool uncle not the geeky uncle lol .

5. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome Uncle... Yeah, Oasis Cancun for party hotel... If you all want a quite place for yourself, and is a lot cheaper than the other places, Solymar Condos are nice.. I stayed here in March.. I got a private owned condo, so it was well taken care of. They come with a kitchen, so if you didn't want to go out to eat, you could fix stuff at your room... If you are interested, just let me know, & i'll p.m. you the link to the guy I rented from.

6. beachcomer

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thankyou Greata that would be something worth looking into but once again i would'nt want to get in the way and the last thing they need is the mom being around as the week is for them and after watching the real cancun hell i would feel scared to party with them or any of you kids now adays lol

7. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    book them at the oasis for SP 09 march 14-21 they will love there cool uncle for ever if u do it then trust me i know plus most of us wonderful ccers will be there to show them a great time including me woot woot :D

8. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Yeah, them, Oasis Cancun by far, then if you want away from them, and something cheaper, I emailed you the link.. If you would rather have something more upscale and all inclusive, RIU is nice, but will cost ya.

9. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey! wanna be my uncle too? hahaha kidding, i just hope my nieces never read this post and expect me to do the same one day hahaha

well yeah the party is a bit too much at times but its always safe, for the guys would be just amazing, they will have the time of their lives...

on the other hand, i live here in cancun, maybe if you want i could help you and your sister find something to do around downtown in a more "cultural" way... itd be just a couple of days though but downtown is cool too...

there are a lot of cool bars around downtown too and the parties are not as wild as at the hotel zone...

let me know if i can help you uncle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice