Need a little help from the Ladies.....

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by WeeDave and LisaNI, Aug 25, 2008.

1. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Ladies

I need a little bit of help from yourselves.

We are traveling from the UK and my luggage restriction is 15KG - and I think my case weighs about 4kg.

I am very particular over my hair products and especially with going to Mexico (humidity). Clothes aren't a worry as I don't tend to wear to much when I get to TTR :wink:

However if I remember rightly Walmart seemed to hold a good stock of hair products i.e John Freda(especially weather works ) , Pantene or L'Oreal - I tend to be usually hungover or slightly tipsy when we have went to Walmart in the past !!!

Do any of you ladies know or remember if Walmart have an excellent range of products or can you recommend any other suitable products as I don't want my luggage weighed down with products.

Also iff any body has traveled from the the South Terminal, Gatwick does the Boots there have a good stock of hair products also ? we have traveled from Manchester in the past but I was disappointed with what they kept in stock last time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Lisa x

2. CurtNBarb

CurtNBarb Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Lisa,

We were there last year when Davey lost his voice(and Doug rejoiced).
    Too bad we will mis you this year.
    Walmart has a very large selection name brand hair products there in town. You should be able to find everything you need.

Barbara

3. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Barbara,

Thanks for your reply - I think Walmart will be able to sort out the hair product issue OK, just a pity I'm so fussy over hair products - its a girl thing.

Not only did Doug rejoice when Davy lost his voice, alot of other people did as well - myself included and probably the majority of the pool !!

Sorry we will miss you this year, quiet a few from last year seem to be going a week earlier, maybe they were all hoping to miss Davy this year - but hey he still makes me laugh lots even after over 8 years together.

I used to take all my products (that weight a tonne in my hand luggage) and unfortunately you cant do that anymore :( . So it will be off to Walmart for me on our first day there.

16 days till we wll be there - cant come soon enough and I hope the two weeks we are there passes really slowly.

Take care of yourselves and have a fab trip.

Me and Him x x x

4. CurtNBarb

CurtNBarb Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lisa,

We may actually see you guys for a couple of days. Curt said that depending on "Gustav" we may put off our vacation until the 5th and return on the 14th. Advantage to working for an airline. We will know for sure tomorrow.

5. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Barbara,

Let us know if you have to delay your trip - by the looks of things Gustav will stay away from Cancun but never can tell with these things, but fingers crossed.

We always have a panic before we get to Cancun - there is usually something in the background, we managed to get out 10 days before Wilma hit in 05 but it was heartbreaking seeing the place we love and visited damaged so badly in a hurricane , I was close to tears a couple of times.

Anyhow keep in touch.

Take cake and have a safe trip - all the best

Me and him x x

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    If you cant find what you want on the shelves in Walmart then the hair salon inside the store by the entrance has a lot of fancy sounding lotions and potions you'll probably be familiar with.

7. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for replying yes I remember the hair salon ok - however i do know i am fighting a losing battle as the humidity makes my hair go crazy with a capital C.

A couple of years ago Davy and I woke up one morning and he burst out laughing - I asked what he was laughing at and between uncontrollable convulsions of laughter, he said we need another room - i asked what for, "have you seen your hair - we need another room just for it" oops:

Also i read on one of the other threads that you like crisp's and Max has some packed for you - do you like Cheese & Onion , if so I will bring you over some Tatyo - made in good old Norn Iron but the best cheese ad onion on the plant - have had to send them to the US before so Cancun would be new one !

Also I had a blonde moment and managed to block cancuncare from inbox - think I have it sort out know thought - i can work computer's after all.

See you all soon and hope the G stays away from Cancun

Lisa x

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Cheese N Onion is one of my favourites! all contributions gratefully received :) Please rememeber to PM me a few days before you arrive so we can get in touch once you are here. Will dig out a cancuncare T shirt for you in exchange.

9. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers Steve,

Will get the crisp's packed for you with my Teabag's (I know im sad soul bringing my own teabags) but I always bring my own teabags - no matter where I go !

Nothing like a good cup of tea after a some channel 12 :lol:
    13 days to go - happy days

Lisa xx and him

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Lisa,

Can I make a suggestion? Forget the hair.. no one cares. The wild look is sort of sexy when you think about it. Everyone's hair is going to freak. :D So just go with it.

We kind of make fun of it when we are there. As in will the hair stay in place on the walk from the room to PadyO's or not. Will it make it that far? Some nights yes and some nights no. But after that all that time and effort that could have been spent on the exercise routines on Channel 12 is totally wasted.

So pack light, save money, work out more and let the hair fly as it pleases. :D

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice