Navigating Immigration, Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 23, 2009.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    FM3 to FM2

My experience with INM continues to be good. I went to my appointment, presented my photos and receipts, was asked to fill out a form and then was told to come back the next week to pick up the FM2. When I explained I was leaving Cancun the next day, they asked if I could wait about 15 minutes, during which time they would assemble the card. About a half hour later, they presented me the FM2 card, and I was done for another year.

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V-

You're my hero.

3. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to hear, V!

I found out yesterday that they have lost several things that I submitted... Idiots.

And the other day they misspelled my name, making the next step "impossible"...Ugh!! Hahaha :)

After a couple of hours of blame game, things got sorted and they admitted to have misspelled my name, and lost some documents.

So, resubmitted the 3 missing documents, and they handed me another paper that I will use to log in and wait for the next appointment.

She said "earliest January", so nothing to do but wait....again :)

4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Next time Rawkus get V to assist you with his "Jedi immigration" mind tricks, just don't look directly into his eyes....

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Rawkus, sorry about the bad time you had. As we've discussed before, there is no proper signing at INM to help guide you to the right desk for each stage of the process, and your report of the "info" girl directing people to the wrong work station for their stage of the process is the second report I've heard of that happening. (I don't think she intends badly, just doesn't always understand clearly, from what's said, the stage or state a case may be at.)

You might have avoided this if you'd read what I'd written while your case was still pending....

There is no getting around that the flow of work through the office is confusing: I've been lucky that, most of the time, I've gotten directed to the right person, at the right stage: I'm sorry you weren't. Maybe it'll go better next year, now that you've been through it once, already.

6. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @V: I followed your advice, step by step. Didnt really matter much since they lost half of the paperwork :xyxthumbs:

Other than that, Im happy to say that it has changed considerably the last 4 years. To the better that is :)

@mat: Patience, my young Padawan ;)

7. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, just got back from the INM office...

Not much to report, except that they made ME take the blame for THEM losing the paperwork(inside THEIR office...). Fine, said and done, haha :aktion060:

Just wanted to check the status so went to the line where the short lady calls out ur name.

So, submitted the sheet they gave when I started the process(the temporary FM3 if you will...) and sat down and waited some 40 mins. My name was called and she said "return tomorrow". Thats it.

No info, no news, no nada...

I also ran into the lovely Mauricio, and he said to call him if needed, which I most likely will have to do.

V, I need your Jedi skills in this, hahaha :icon_mrgreen:

Just getting REALLY fed up with this.... Ugh.

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Ah, Rawkus, the mysteries that may lie behind those words, "Come back tomorrow." Believing that positive thinking is a big part of success at this sort of thing, I'd take that comment to be a positive sign!

You might check online to see if they haven't made a new entry, and advanced your case to the next stage.

9. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: tell me about it, haha :)

I am quite positive(kinda feel I have to be by now...) as all papers are in order. What buggs me is the complete lack of info.

"Come back tomorrow", and then what? Do I need to bring anything etc.?

I asked if it was to set the appointment, but all I got was an empty look and yet another "come back tomorrow"... Haha :)

So, Im heading back again, not knowing what line I should be in, as usual... Not knowing if everything is ok and not knowing if I should have brought anything...

If this isnt cleared up by Friday, Im getting in touch with Mauricio and he can finish the last part, as its just ridiculous and a huge waste of time.

And no, no new entries, still the same "report to the nearest INM office".

Ill let you know after my visit tomorrow.

10. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rawkus- My personal rule of thumb is to always wait at least 2 weeks beyond what they tell you the first time. It will *almost* always be ready. Less trips to INM makes me a happy girl :)

I'd say wait a week before returning, unless you really need it right away for something. I'd be pleasantly surprised if it's ready by tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice