Navigating Immigration, Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 23, 2009.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    [NOTHING SAID ON THIS THREAD CONSTITUTES LEGAL ADVICE: IN IT, PEOPLE ARE MERELY REFLECTING ON THEIR EXPERIENCES AND IMPRESSIONS OF THE PROCESSES OF MEXICAN IMMIGRATION AND LAW. NOTHING CAN SUBSTITUTE FOR COMPETENT LEGAL ADVICE, AND THIS THREAD IS NOT INTENDED TO BE SUCH. AT MOST, YOU CAN ONLY RELY ON IT TO BEGIN THE PROCESS OF ACQUAINTING YOURSELF WITH THE LAW AND PROCEDURES INVOLVED.]

On the thread, Why do you live in Cancun?, I said that one of the reasons we chose Mexico as a place to live was the (relatively) inexpensive and (relatively) simple process of getting permission to live here, if you're self-sufficient financially: with permission of immigration you can work here

Foolish though it may be, I decided to apply for an FM3 Visitante Professional. I know, it's crazy to work if you don't have to but, after a lengthy "semi-retired" period and a new country to live in, I decided to pick up the pace, a little. There was also subtle pressure from my wife who, having decided herself to take a lengthy break from her career, realized she wouldn't want me around the house all day, and began to suggest a little work could be good for me! Last week I began the process of getting permission to work.

I've been through this routine every year in every country I've lived in over the last seventeen years so I'm undaunted by government offices that appear chaotic- but, are often populated by people who're just quietly getting on with their part of the operation while ignoring the chaos around them. Cancun Immigration is no exception, in my opinion. They process something in excess of 25,000 visa applications a year and they don't have much time to put on a pleasant front.

It would be nice, of course, if the place were well signed; or, if there were numbered lines on the floor which you could follow, showing you the flow of work through the office; but, there's not. Instead, you find yourself just kind of milling about, trying to guess where you need to go, and what you may need to do next. For those with a strong need to know what's happening, and what they're supposed to be doing, this would be like a bad dream.

Fortunately, for anyone who wants to avoid those kinds of unpleasant emotions; or, who really doesn't have any business spending time trying to figure it all out, there is that wonderfully pleasant and competent, fully English speaking gentleman, who is often recommended on this forum, attorney Mauricio Mendoza! In preparation for my assault on immigration, I consulted with him twice; and, for a very reasonable fee he will walk your visa through for you.

Now, you might say that my visa application was straightforward, but I wasn't convinced. So, I put together as strong a package as I thought I could, under the circumstances. I had, for example, eight pages of officially translated documents: this alone added 2,000 pesos to the total cost of my application. In addition, there were certified, and apostilled, degrees and certifications to get up, all at considerable trouble and some extra expense. But, in the end, I had the best package I could assemble, practically speaking. (Here's where I get to the part that may have some meaning for you, should you choose to brave it.)

I have been pleased to find that, here in Cancun, in the midst of all that chaos, there are English speaking (after a fashion) staff that will come to your aid.

Today, at Immigration and hoping to hear that my application had been approved, I was instead presented with an very official looking request that I verify, further, my place of residence. Disappointed that my application had not sailed through, I was nevertheless planning to deal with it- that day if possible- when, as I was leaving, I was detained by one of these English speaking staff I referred to earlier. He insisted on explaining the problem to me and suggesting possible solutions. Unnecessary- I thought- but nice.

Two hours later, I returned with documents I hoped would do the job, and looked for this same man. He looked over my new offerings, told me to wait, and went to the back of the office. When he came out, he said their lawyer had tentatively approved the FM3. He then proceeded to officially log in the new documents I'd prepared, and told me to come back in four days.

Going through Immigration, like receiving medical services, is a different experience for different people. Some will report a "sterling" experience; and, others a "nightmare". I'm glad mine, so far, has been mainly of the former variety.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear you are having an easy time with INM. But you are doing your homework and your due-diligence. You are not setting yourself up to have trouble with INM, and you should not expect trouble from them.

One thing that many do not realize is that no two applications to apply for immigrant status are the same. There is always a wish for clear and simple answers to immigration questions, but every case is unique, so there aren't universal answers. There are only guidelines and examples of other cases. The immigration law in Mexico is not even applied the same way in any two INM offices in the country, though I'm certain they try to apply it in a uniform manner.

I am curious where you get this statistic?:
    Now I'm certainly guilty of not always being pleasant (just this morning I got called a "fucking bitch" by someone I've never met)...but it is my humble opinion that there is ALWAYS time to try to be nice. And INM doesn't get out of that obligation just because they are busy.

3. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    FM3 Categories

Under Mexican Law, these are the categories of non-immigrant visa that are the most likely to be of interest to foreigners coming here to live. Approval of one of these visas would, in the ordinary case, give you a right to live here for one year, or the duration of your contract (whether for personal services or contract of employment), whichever is less. Any of these can be renewed indefinitely, provided you continue to meet the requirements for the visa.

Visiting Businessman, or Investor;
    Visiting Technician, or Scientist;
    Visiting Professional;
    Visiting Advisor;
    Visiting Artist, or Sportsman; and,
    Visiting Person holding a position of trust*

*A member of a corporate board, or other officer of a corporation, might be such a person: this category could be applied to a foreigner who has created a wholly foreign owned corporation, and wishes permission to manage it.

And, lastly,

Visiting Rentista, a person who is financially self-sufficient, and wishes to live in Mexico, on their own resources.

This later category is perhaps the most common, the easiest to understand and qualify for. Most of the foreigners I've met, who are living in Cancun, permanently, do so with this visa, renewing it annually.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Visa based on financial self-sufficiency

FM3, VISITANTE RENTISTA

If you are interested in living in Mexico, and wish to have official permission to do so, one of the ways to do this is with an FM3 Visitante Rentista. Rentista means wealthy, but in practice that just means you have financial resources sufficient to live in Mexico, without working, for a period of one year.

The resources required may be in the form of an income stream from abroad, or cash in the bank from which you can draw; and, if based on an income stream, then the equivalent of $13,250 pesos per month. If based on money in the bank, there is no clear guidance on this in the law, but a sum the equivalent of 15 times $13,250 pesos should suffice, as it would be more than the total of 12 months of the required income stream. (The law also states that you only need half these sums, if you own your own residence, in Mexico.) If relying on money on deposit in the bank, more is better, up to a point, so no doubt is left about your ability to support yourself for one year.

The amounts mentioned above are for one person; but, a married couple, applying together, may not need the equivalent of 2X the above sums, but should have significantly more than that required for one.

If you intend to rely on an income stream, then it must be reflected as a regular deposit to your bank account in your monthly statements.

As with anything, knowing what you'll need, and preparing ahead of time may make the difference between success and failure. Now, as to what you'll need to have, in order to apply.

a) the original, and a copy, of the application, itself;
    b) your passport, and a copy of each and every page of it, whether blank, or not;
    c) the original, and a copy of the document given you when you entered Mexico: for many of you this will be an FMT;
    d) a letter in Spanish, signed by yourself and addressed to the National Institute of Migration, in which you request a change of your status in the country to that of non-immigrant, Visitante Rentista, to live in Mexico at your own expense, relying on resources from outside the country;
    e) the last three monthly statements (originals) from a bank account standing in your name, which either reflect the required income stream, or the balance on deposit, if you're relying on a sum on deposit, rather than an income stream (you will have brought these bank statements with you when you entered Mexico, so you are ready to begin this process), and a copy of each statement;
    f) official translations of the three bank statements (easily obtained in Cancun, after you arrive), and copy of each translation;
    g) proof that you've paid the initial fee required of you with the application, consisting of the receipt you will be given when you pay the required fee at any bank in Mexico, and three copies of same;
    h) proof of your actual residence in Mexico, which can be a paid utility bill, bearing your actual address, for a utility service which is billed in your name; or, if the utility account is in the name of another, then, in addition to the bill and a copy of it- a letter from that person, 1) signed under a declaration they are telling the truth; which 2) shows the address of the property; and, 3) names you as living there, with 4) the date on which you began living there- together with a copy of their personal identification; and, a copy of each and every one of these.

These documents, submitted to the Immigration Offices, are sufficient to start the process of review. In Cancun, you may be told to come back in one week, at which time you will be told if your application has been approved. If approved, you will be given a date and time to return, and a new set of instructions to follow. You will be asked to pay an additional sum at a bank; and to have photos made of you which follow certain guidelines, both front and side views.

There will be additional visits to be made before the process is complete, but if you've gotten this far, the rest should be easy.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    A REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE WITH THE VISA PROCESS

To better understand what's involved in the process of obtaining an FM3, based on financial self-sufficiency, I'll share with you my wife's experience.

My wife has completed the process of obtaining the non immigrant visa "Visitante Rentista". The process involved a total of five trips to immigration, if we count the visit to obtain the forms for the application. At each stage, the staff was helpful (within the limitations of their English and our Spanish) and not unpleasant, if not overly solicitous.

First, we presented the application (no appointment required), together with the required proof of financial self-sufficiency which, in our case, was money in the bank in the U.S., as neither of us was receiving a pension, at the time. We attached the last three month's bank statements, along with official translations of them into Spanish. (The required attachments to the application are detailed in the forms provided, and includes a receipt for payment to any local bank of the sum of 491 pesos.) We were told that the application appeared to be complete, with all the required items present, and to return in five days.

Five days later, we again went to immigration where we were told the application had been approved. We were then given a specific date and time, about five weeks later, to complete the next step. But, we had a problem with the date they gave us (we were planning to fly to the U.S.). When we told the staff about it they changed the appointment time to a nearer date so we could get the FM3 before our trip.

At our appointment we presented the required black and white passport photos, front and side view. They reviewed with my wife the details that were to go on the FM3, filling it out in her presence; then, told us to come back in one week to collect the officially signed and sealed FM3, with photo inserted.

One week later, it was ready, as promised. We presented proof that we'd paid the fees for the FM3, an additional 1291 pesos. (The first sum, 491 pesos, is the charge for reviewing your application; the second sum is for delivery of the FM3, itself.) We reviewed the new FM3, immediately, before leaving the office, and found it contained an error in the personal data. We called the error to the staff's attention, and they corrected it while we waited. This took about ten minutes.

We paid only the official fees, as posted in the office, and no employee hinted that extra money would be required, or helpful, at any stage of the process.

The total cost for obtaining the FM3, Visitante Rentista, including the required translations, copies and photos, was about 2,500 pesos.

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    FORMA INDEPENDIENTE

My FM3 has been approved, to work, "forma independiente." This means I need no employer to sponsor me, and I can accept business from any individual, organization, corporation, etc., doing business on the territory of Mexico. I will have to go to the tax office to obtain a tax number, and begin filing monthly reports of income and expenses, as soon as I start having income.

I will be working, as the term implies, independently, and not for or through any corporation or other entity. The simplest way to put it is, I'm self-employed, by permission of immigration, in Mexico.

This is not the first time this concept has appeared on this forum. At least one other poster, Susan in Cancun, has spoken of having this status as, I believe, a photographer, in her case. Isla Zina has also mentioned a person she knew with this status in Mexico, working as a consultant on construction projects.

I have, in the past, on this forum, mentioned this concept, myself.
    [For further information, and to receive professional guidance, contact Mauricio Mendoza, 9981591599. He is a very knowledgeable, professional and approachable attorney, specializing in the area of immigration. In every case in which I've wanted to consult with him, I've been able to see him the same day; but, the only reliable way to contact him is by phone. Do not waste your time with emails!]

I've talked about my experiences in immigration on this thread, and others. They have been generally positive. Today was different. I had a 12:15 appointment. At least four times while I waited from 12:15 until 12:30, when my case was called, staff of immigration approached me, spontaneously, to assure me everything was proceeding normally, and not to worry. I told them I was in no hurry.... (This last paragraph was intended to be ironic, in case you hadn't already guessed!)

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V,

You are a valuable contributor to your own thread. LOL.

You mentioned that you must have the money in the bank. Would you agree that you need to deposit that amount of money in the bank and not merely have that much in the bank?

Theoretically, a person of means but without income, could merely transfer funds from one of his or her accounts to another, and then transfer it back either in full or in part, like from an interest bearing account to a regular checking account. This would seemingly meet the criteria for the Rentista FM3.

What do you think about this? It may be strange that a person could have an interest bearing account yet have no income, but that is beside the point. Said person could transfer back and forth from one checking account to another and meet the criteria. IMN does not ask about the source of the funds deposited on the bank statements submitted.

And, are you saying you did not submit proof of residence (not the proper name) with your application? My attorney has a checklist and makes sure every t is crossed and every i dotted before submission. That said, she makes multiple copies of the entire package as it always seems that Migracion rejects it initially for some form that they already have.

THE ONLY LEGITIMATE PROBLEM THAT WE MISSED, was that my US passport expiration date was Feb. 1, 2009 and my FM3 expiration was Oct. 31, 2008. At the last moment before I was to leave the country we were advised of the problem - they would not issue an FM3 whose exp date exceeded that of the passport. So off to Merida I went at the crack of dawn the next day, a Wed. and the following Wed my new passport was couriered to my door. There was a separate $100 fee for this to Pegaso or however it is spelled. Also, I received emails from the US Consulate and from the courier advising me of its progress. Oddly though, one of them said I had to show my passport to the delivery guy in order for my passport to be delivered. Go figure.

8. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    T.J., on the first of your two points, immigration does not seem to require proof of income for the V. Rentista: they seem merely to require proof of an ability to maintain yourself, on your own resources, for a period of one year. A sufficiently large sum of money, on deposit in a bank, at the time of application, will satisfy this requirement, as it did in my wife's case.

(I wouldn't have inferred, from reading the Mexican Law, that this would be the case, because it doesn't appear there; but, as we talked with people with V. Rentista visas, we began to realize that was the case. That this was true was also confirmed, before we prepared my wife's application, by talking with Mauricio Mendoza. We then tested it ourselves, by including only proof of a sum on deposit in a bank, rather than an income stream, and found it to be true, when they approved my wife's application.)

In any process of this type, I think it's useful to keep things as clear, simple and straight forward as possible, which we did. It's easier to do, than to talk about, as we are doing here!

The fact that immigration do not require more, also means it's possible to apply for, and obtain, a V. Rentista, without disclosing much of your total wealth, or total income, if that is your wish.

Regarding your second point, I submitted proof of residence with my application, initially: they were not satisfied with the form and quality of the proof, and asked for additional proof, which I gave them. Since I gave it to them, and they approved it, the same day, no time was lost in the process. My FM3, and that of my wife, took less than 30 days to get, from the time of the initial application.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    MEXICAN IMMIGRATION LAW

For those who like to read the law directly, themselves, here is the Mexican Immigration Law. Just scroll through it 'till you find the parts you're most interested in.

I've reproduced only an excerpt from the section pertaining to "non-immigrants," for the sake of brevity, no kidding!.

SECCIÓN III.- No Inmigrantes

Artículo 159.- Toda autorización para que un extranjero o extranjera sea admitido en el país como No Inmigrante debe ser concedida por acuerdo del Secretario, Subsecretario o Comisionado. Esta facultad puede ser delegada a las autoridades que determinen el Secretario, Subsecretario, o Comisionado.

Artículo 160.- TURISTAS.- La internación de turistas quedará sujeta a las siguientes disposiciones:

I. La autorización para permanecer en el país se concederá hasta por seis meses a partir de su expedición y no será susceptible de prórroga. Sólo por enfermedad que impida viajar, o por otra causa de fuerza mayor debidamente comprobada, se podrá conceder un plazo adicional para la salida del extranjero o extranjera.

En los casos de turistas que hayan sido documentados originalmente por una temporalidad menor a los seis meses, la Secretaría podrá, cuando lo estime conveniente, ampliar la temporalidad hasta completarlos, y

II. Cuando la Secretaría lo juzgue conveniente, podrá autorizar la prerrogativa de entradas y salidas múltiples al país en esta característica migratoria.

Artículo 161.- TRANSMIGRANTES.- La internación de extranjeros y extranjeras en tránsito hacia otro país, se regirá por las disposiciones siguientes:

I. La autorización de internación se concederá hasta por treinta días improrrogables contados a partir de su expedición;

II. No podrán cambiar de calidad o característica migratoria, y

III. En ningún caso se autorizará la internación como transmigrante al extranjero que carezca de permiso de admisión al país hacia donde se dirige y del permiso de tránsito en los países limítrofes de la República Mexicana comprendidos en su ruta.

Artículo 162.- VISITANTES.- A las personas a que se refiere la fracción III del artículo 42 de la Ley, se aplicarán las siguientes reglas:

I. Se les concederá el permiso para dedicarse al ejercicio de alguna actividad lucrativa o no, siempre que sea lícita y honesta, de acuerdo a los siguientes supuestos:

a) Cuando el extranjero visitante viva durante su estancia de sus recursos traídos del extranjero, de las rentas que éstos produzcan, de cualquier ingreso proveniente del exterior o de sus inversiones en el país;

b) Cuando su internación tenga como propósito conocer alternativas deinversión o para realizar éstas;

c) Cuando se dedique a actividades científicas, técnicas, de asesoría, artísticas, deportivas o similares o de observación de derechos humanos, incluyendo la de los procesos electorales;

d) Cuando pretenda ocupar cargos de confianza, y

e) Cuando pretenda asistir a asambleas y sesiones del consejo de administración de empresas.

Salvo lo dispuesto en el artículo 163, la Secretaría establecerá los requisitos que deberán acreditarse en cada uno de los supuestos mencionados, así como las modalidades en que se clasificarán las actividades que pretenda desarrollar el extranjero o extranjera;

II. El permiso se autorizará hasta por un año, y podrán concederse cuatro prórrogas, por igual temporalidad cada una.

Tratándose de los inversionistas a que se refiere la fracción I del artículo 163 de este Reglamento, el permiso se otorgará por un año, más las prórrogas que, en su caso, se concedan.

En todos los casos la temporalidad concedida permitirá entradas y salidas múltiples;

III. La Secretaría fijará a los extranjeros y extranjeras a quienes se conceda esta característica migratoria, las actividades a que podrán dedicarse, y, cuando lo estime necesario, el lugar de su residencia. Los extranjeros y extranjeras deberán acreditar la capacidad económica que les permita permanecer en el país;

IV. Los extranjeros y extranjeras podrán ser admitidos para ejercer una actividad remunerada o lucrativa, siempre que la solicitud de admisión se formule por la empresa, institución o persona que pretenda utilizar sus servicios, o por el mismo extranjero o extranjera cuando pretenda trabajar en forma independiente;

V. La empresa, institución o persona que haya hecho la solicitud, será responsable solidariamente con el extranjero o extranjera por el monto de las sanciones a que se haga acreedor y, en su caso, costeará los gastos de su repatriación. Cuando trabaje en forma independiente, los gastos correrán por su cuenta, y

VI. Las prórrogas podrán concederse siempre y cuando el extranjero o extranjera demuestre que subsisten las condiciones bajo las cuales se concedió la característica migratoria.

La Secretaría tendrá facultad discrecional para juzgar sobre el otorgamiento de las prórrogas, en el caso de que hubieren cambiado las condiciones señaladas en la autorización.

Artículo 163.- El extranjero o extranjera que solicite autorización, dentro de la característica de Visitante a que se refiere el artículo anterior, en las modalidades que específicamente se señalan, se sujetará a las siguientes reglas:

I. VISITANTE DE NEGOCIOS E INVERSIONISTA. Al extranjero o extranjera que pretenda internarse en el territorio nacional con el objeto de conocer diferentes alternativas de inversión, realizar una inversión directa o supervisarla, representar a una empresa extranjera, o realizar transacciones comerciales, se aplicará lo siguiente:

1. Para personas de negocios:

a) Será necesario presentar la carta de invitación de las cámaras de comercio o industria, asociaciones empresariales, organismos públicos o privados, o de empresas industriales, comerciales o instituciones financieras; o

b) Acreditar mediante carta bancaria que contará mensualmente durante un año con el equivalente a quinientos días el salario mínimo vigente en el Distrito Federal, o carta de solvencia económica de la empresa que representa durante el tiempo de su estanciaen el país;

2. Para inversionistas:

a) Será necesario presentar una constancia expedida por el Registro Nacional de Inversiones Extranjeras, o la documentación que acredite la inversión mínima del equivalente a veintiséis mil días el salario mínimo vigente en el Distrito Federal; o

b) Cuando la inversión consista en la adquisición de bienes inmuebles, se deberá presentar la escritura pública en que conste la compra venta o el contrato de fideicomiso por el que adquiera derechos de fideicomisario, por un monto mínimo equivalente a cuarenta mil días el salario mínimo vigente en el Distrito Federal;

3. Los representantes comerciales podrán presentar la carta de la empresa extranjera que otorgue el nombramiento correspondiente y acreditarán la solvencia económica en los términos del inciso b) del numeral 1, y

4. Los extranjeros y extranjeras que realicen transacciones comerciales, podrán presentar copia del contrato o contratos de compra venta por un monto equivalente a veintiséis mil días el salario mínimo vigente en el Distrito Federal y acreditarán solvencia económica en los términos del inciso b) del numeral 1.

II. VISITANTE TÉCNICO O CIENTÍFICO. El extranjero o extranjera cuya internación tenga como propósito la iniciación o ejecución de un proyecto de inversión específico, dar asesoría a instituciones públicas o privadas, realizar, preparar o dirigir investigaciones científicas, dar conferencias, cursos o divulgar algún tipo de conocimiento, realizar actividades técnicas en la elaboración de un proyecto de inversión, diseñar o iniciar la operación o construcción de una planta, capacitar a otros técnicos bajo contratos de prestación de servicios previamente pactados o prestar servicios contemplados en un contrato de transferencia de tecnología, patentes o marcas, deberán acreditar:

a) Solicitud formulada por institución pública o privada que pretenda utilizar los servicios manifestando la naturaleza del proyecto o actividad en que intervendrán y el tiempo estimado de su estancia, y

b) Copia de la carta invitación de la institución pública o privada de que se trate o copia del contrato de prestación de servicios profesionales o de transferencia tecnológica de patenteso marcas.

III. VISITANTE RENTISTA. El extranjero o extranjera que durante su estancia en el país viva de sus depósitos traídos del exterior, de las rentas que éstos produzcan, de cualquier ingreso también proveniente del exterior o de sus inversiones en el país, para obtener su característica migratoria, deberá:

a) Comprobar un ingreso mínimo mensual equivalente a doscientos cincuenta veces el salario mínimo general diario vigente en el Distrito Federal;

b) Si solicita la autorización para dependientes familiares, el monto mensual señalado aumentará en ciento veinticinco veces el salario mínimo vigente en el Distrito Federal, por cada persona que dependa económicamente de él, y

c) Los montos antes señalados se comprobarán con carta de la institución financiera, banco mexicano o extranjero, o de la institución fiduciaria, en donde se acredite que la persona cuenta por lo menos con el ingreso mínimo mensual señalado.

La Secretaría podrá autorizar que el extranjero o extranjera acredite hasta el equivalente al cincuenta por ciento del monto señalado en el inciso a), cuando demuestre la adquisición de un bien inmueble destinado para uso propio como casa habitación.

Para que los extranjeros o extranjeras a que se refiere esta fracción puedan realizar actividades remuneradas o lucrativas, necesitarán autorización de la Secretaría, que la otorgará cuando a su juicio lo estime conveniente.

IV. VISITANTE PROFESIONAL. El extranjero o extranjera cuya internación tenga como propósito el ejercicio de una profesión en forma independiente o mediante la prestación de servicios a empresas o instituciones públicas o privadas, deberá presentar:

a) Carta oferta de trabajo de la institución oficial o privada que requiera de los servicios o asesoría del profesionista, manifestando el domicilio donde laborará;

b) Exhibir copia del título profesional y, en su caso, de la cédula profesional respectiva, y

c) En el caso de que el extranjero o extranjera profesionista pretendan ejercer en forma independiente, deberá cumplir con lo establecido en el inciso anterior e indicar la actividad y el lugar donde pretende desempeñarla.

V. VISITANTE CARGO DE CONFIANZA. El extranjero o extranjera que pretendan internarse al país para asumir cargos de dirección, de administrador único u otros de absoluta confianza en empresas, instituciones o negociaciones establecidas en la República Mexicana, deberá presentar:

a) Carta oferta de trabajo precisando el cargo que el extranjero o extranjera vayan a desempeñar en la empresa, institución o negociación que pretenda utilizar sus servicios o el contrato de prestación de servicios manifestando el domicilio donde laborará.

En ambos documentos deberá indicarse que su vigencia se sujeta a la autorización correspondiente de la Secretaría;

b) Última declaración del pago de impuestos de la empresa, institución o negociación, según sea el caso, y

c) Atendiendo a las circunstancias del caso concreto, la Secretaría podrá solicitar al interesado que acredite su capacidad para el cargo que pretende ocupar, siempre y cuando ello se haga sin perjuicio de lo dispuesto en los tratados internacionales de los que México sea parte.

En los casos de las fracciones I, II, IV y V de este artículo el solicitante deberá presentar el acta constitutiva de la empresa o constancia expedida por notario público en que conste la denominación, objeto social y domicilio de la empresa o copia de la última declaración del pago de impuestos o constancia del Registro Nacional de Inversiones Extranjeras o de inscripción de la cámara, asociación u organismo correspondiente.

VI. VISITANTE OBSERVADOR DE DERECHOS HUMANOS. Tratándose de visitantes observadores de derechos humanos, la solicitud y el permiso respectivo se otorgarán de conformidad con las siguientes reglas:

a) El permiso de internación se autorizará exclusivamente por las oficinas centrales del Instituto;

b) Los sujetos que podrán ingresar al amparo de la presente fracción serán aquellos extranjeros y extranjeras que pretendan internarse a México para conocer la situación de los derechos humanos in situ, independientemente de que pertenezcan o no a un Organismo No Gubernamental. La solicitud de internación deberá ser presentada cuando menos con quince días de anticipación a la fecha en que pretendan internarse a territorio nacional, el Comisionado podrá autorizar la disminución de este plazo;

c) Tratándose de grupos, la autorización se realizará de manera individual en un máximo de diez individuos por organización o grupo de organizaciones. El Comisionado podrá autorizar la ampliación de ese límite;

d) La temporalidad autorizada será de diez días contados a partir de la fecha de ingreso a territorio nacional, el Comisionado podrá autorizar la ampliación de la temporalidad concedida y, en su caso, la prerrogativa de entradas y salidas múltiples;

e) El Comisionado, podrá autorizar al Directivo de mayor rango de Organizaciones No Gubernamentales Internacionales con estatus del Consejo Económico y Social de la Organización de las Naciones Unidas, estancias en nuestro país, por una temporalidad hasta de un año, mismas que pueden ser prorrogadas a su vencimiento, a solicitud del interesado;

f) Para los casos en que un observador de derechos humanos se encuentre documentado en México y pretenda visitar otra entidad federativa distinta a la autorizada, deberá solicitarlo a las oficinas centrales del Instituto o a la Delegación que corresponda, anexando el nuevo programa de trabajo a desarrollar, y

g) La solicitud de internación deberá cumplir los siguientes requisitos:

1. Anexar, en su caso, copia certificada de la escritura constitutiva o del instrumento que acredite la legal existencia de la Organización No Gubernamental, con su respectiva traducción al español; se debe acreditar que la citada organización cuenta con una antigüedad mínima de cinco años al momento de presentar la solicitud; o acreditar que cuenta con el estatus consultivo del Consejo Económico y Social de las Naciones Unidas;

2. Documento por medio del cual se acredite plenamente ser miembro de la Organización No Gubernamental;

3. Programa de trabajo en el que se señale: actividades, instituciones a visitar o entrevistar, así como las entidades federativas y localidades que pretenda visitar;

4. Documentos, registros o certificaciones que acrediten la experiencia previa del extranjero en relación con las actividades que pretende realizar;

5. Cuando la visita sea consecuencia de invitación de una Organización No Gubernamental o institución mexicana, se deberá presentar la carta invitación y la carta responsiva emitida por persona legalmente facultada para ello; en todo caso, la institución mexicana deberá acreditar los requisitos previstos en el numeral uno;

6. Cuando se trate de un observador de derechos humanos que no pertenezca a una Organización No Gubernamental deberá acreditar tener experiencia en las actividades que pretenda desarrollar, y

7. Tratándose de visitas que tengan dentro de su finalidad la de otorgar donaciones, deberá, adicionalmente, cumplir con la normatividad aplicable.

Una vez autorizada la internación del extranjero o extranjera al país, en el documento migratorio respectivo se anotará el contenido de los artículos 9, 11 y 33 de la Constitución Política de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos; así como 34 y 43 de la Ley General de Población.

VII. VISITANTE PARA CONOCER PROCESOS ELECTORALES. El extranjero o extranjera que pretenda internarse a territorio nacional para conocer las modalidades del desarrollo de procesos electorales federales o estatales en su caso, se ajustará a las siguientes reglas:

a) Toda solicitud deberá estar avalada por el organismo electoral federal o local de que se trate, según sea el proceso electoral que se pretenda cubrir;

b) El interesado deberá acreditar de manera fehaciente que pertenece a una organización, institución o asociación que tenga objetivos congruentes con las actividades que pretenda realizar, misma que deberá respaldar su solicitud y acreditar plenamente que se responsabiliza de cubrir los gastos que origine la estancia del extranjero en el país, y

c) Una vez autorizada la internación del extranjero o extranjera al país, en el documento migratorio respectivo se anotará el contenido de los artículos 9, 11 y 33 de la Constitución Política de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos; así como 34 y 43 de la Ley.

VIII. VISITANTE CONSEJERO. El extranjero o extranjera que pretenda internarse al país para asistir a asambleas o sesiones del consejo de administración de empresas, se sujetará a las siguientes reglas:

a) El permiso se autorizará por la temporalidad de un año prorrogable hasta por cuatro veces más por igual temporalidad cada una;

b) Para la autorización de esta característica migratoria solamente se requerirá la presentación de la constancia de su nombramiento por la asamblea de accionistas;

c) Dentro de la temporalidad concedida, el permiso de estancia podrá ser utilizado en entradas y salidas múltiples, y

d) Sólo en casos de enfermedad o por causa de fuerza mayor debidamente comprobada, se le otorgará un plazo especial para salir del país.

Artículo 164.- MINISTRO DE CULTO O ASOCIADO RELIGIOSO.- Para los efectos de la fracción IV del artículo 42 de la Ley, las Asociaciones Religiosas, deberán acreditar su registro con la constancia correspondiente que expida la Secretaría o cualquier otro documento fehaciente que acredite tal registro.

Igualmente, se entenderá que el extranjero o extranjera de cuyo trámite migratorio se trate, es Ministro de Culto o Asociado Religioso, con antelación a la solicitud de dicho trámite, siempre que la Secretaría lo informe por escrito.

Asimismo, se les requerirá cumplir con lo siguiente:

I. Comprobar a satisfacción de la Secretaría la percepción periódica e ininterrumpida de medios económicos para su sostenimiento;

II. Manifestar en su solicitud el tipo de actividades que desarrollará, así como el ámbito territorial en el que se desempeñarán sus funciones;

III. Al solicitar su prórroga anual, deberá comprobar que subsisten las condiciones bajo las cuales le fue otorgada esta característica, y

IV. Dada la naturaleza de esta característica migratoria, de asistencia social y filantrópica, no podrá realizar otra actividad, independientemente de que sea remunerada o no, sin la autorización previa de la Secretaría.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice