my trip report july 2008

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by elnino, Aug 14, 2008.

1. elnino

elnino Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    first time i went cancun, didnt know what to expect, ill keep this brief and interesting as possible.

day 1 arrival - well, after a 10 hour flight from london gatwick, big relief to finally be here. the airport is nice, stylish and open. that helps after a crap flight like thomas cook. anyway. got to the hotel....wow! i stayed at the great parnassus, and talk about value for money...this hotel was fanstasic..
    tried the food, all inclusive..yeah! drink and drink and drink....then some stranger came up to us in the bar and said hes part of the hotel entertainment staff, he said the hotel is taking everyone out to a nightclub called basic....and we werent so sure what to do...he then said its 40 dollars open bar...and we just made our mind up there and then...that first night in basic was one of the best nights i had out in cancun.

day 2 - so check out the pool after a crazy night. the hotel staff that take your out are amazing....they really show you a good time. they were there aswelll by the 5 swimming pools this amazing hotel has. i played water polo and tequila volleyball...and it was soooo much fun. later on during the day checked out some shops...cancun is damn expensive to buy anything. it is strictly a holiday and nothing else. souvenirs are always around. we go bak to hotel and book a few excursions. hit the gym..more drinks..food at hotel...then ready for the night! hotel takes us from the lobby to go dady os, this was hectic nightlclub..meet an amazing girl from panama that i almost fell i love with. my friends get so hammered i had to guide them out.. amazing drunken night.

day 3 - the weather gets better, more people you know..top up the tan, more volleyball, more water polo, more drinks...just getting ready for the night...that what i loved the most....the hotel was like a recovery procedure to get prepaired for a wild night....although i was feeling it from the flight and two late nights...i thought, im here for 5 more nights, i aint missing out on anything. so senor frogs it was...and we went ...it was not a nightclub, and reggae music was playing.....the one and only dissapointment that i though senor frogs was a nightclub.. and i just didnt think we were going to a bar...nevertheless...a good time..but expected a lot more.

day 4 - well same as previous days.....hired out a car this time for only 80 dollars...bargain! that kind of car in the uk for the day is like 100 quid. which 200 dollars. nice jeep, start cruising around. waiting for the evening. go back to hotel to be told we are going Coco bongos. was looking forward to this immensly, and so the 3 of my friends that went with me. coco bongs, well it was good and fun...but people were saying this was the best nightclub there....NOT TRUE...coco bongos is nowhere near as fun as basic was.....basic had the music, the women and a great vibe to the place...coco bongos, your dancing to some great music...and then they stop it...and elvis comes out....not my cup of tea.

day 5...did some shopping, and hit the jungle tour..and snorkellling....so much fun, the greatest day out i had...amazing experience. then went back to hotel...drank the whole bar down and got told by hotel guys we are going dady rock, dady o's an ultra lounge - and dady rocks was the best place that night, great bar...brilliant entertainment...

day 6 - gym, tanning,beach walking, jet skiing....what a great day. ready for the night, was told we were going to the biggest nightclub in latin america - the city...and this was BY FAR THE BEST NIGHT I HAD IN MY LIFE. best club ...beats coco bongos by a zillion miles...amazing amazing night that i wont go into detail...its something that i can write down...what a nightclub.

day 7 - last day in cancun...feeling sad...so the same things...hire a car again - go check out mexico for its real worth...feel sorry for the people who live there..the wages are shit, and they really do deserve more money. anyway - going bulldogs for the night...and we were going to partyyy......and we did...this club is great. its not too big so you can talk to more people...and it was changing the music brilliantly...great time.

my overall thought of cancun...is that you need to go more than once, cos i cant wait to go back..best experience of my life.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Nice report thanks for taking the time to post it.

Great Parnassus is one of our favourite resorts, we've been about 5 times now and are off there again this weekend :)

Good to hear Cancun seemed to be exactly what you were looking for!

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Excellent report...

I've been trying to figure out where my next destination should be but you just made me want to head right back to Cancun!

4. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ditto

Except I'm STILL wanting to get back to Cancun... Going on 6 years now..... :roll:

elnino: Thank you for writing this up! Sounds like an excellent adventure! Salud!

5. elnino

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi guys, i really appreciate the time you have take to read this..so thanks alot.

there is so much more to cancun, looking back to how the whole thing went, it just seems like a dream.

6. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    NICE report.......... :cool:

7. elnino

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey college guy, hows it going i remember getting some tips off you b4 i went off to cancun.

just wondering is there any other place that as well known, similar to cancun?

planning a trip. either cancun in spring break - still dont know the best week to go on spring break, and the other option not knowing where to go!

i'm from the uk, and europe is just overhyped pricey...and snotty.

loved it in cancun just wondering from your own experience or reccomendations if there is any place with the clubbing scene as good as cancun?

thanks

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    el niƱo.

A great reading trip report. Laughing my ass off. The GP is a great hotel but compared to a London hotel, a bargain is an understatement.

When you come back you need to go downtown on Av. Yaxchilan and hit some places where the locals go. Much smaller, drinks are always 2 for 1. Things are so cheap you will think you won the lottery.

Just no Stella in the bars but instead of 4 GBP's for one beer you can get like 4 beers for the same price. Now that is a bargain.

9. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have been to MANY a spring break location(cancun, panama city, daytona beach) and I have not found anything like cancun, ESPECIALLY during spring break, it is crazy!! Acapulco is another big destination for spring break, but their clubs just dont compare to that of cancun during spring break, trust me!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice