My promised review any questions just ask

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Newtraveler, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Newtraveler

Newtraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys, Sorry for the delay, I didnt have an internet connection and now its back and im just about recovered from my trip. As you may know I only went for 7 days to Cancun from UK. I had a choice to see family in Kenya, Jamaica or Goa, as Ive been to the 3 before I wanted to try Cancun and after some research Cancun seemed the place to visit, bearing in Mind im a 25 year old single guy, Im not into the club scene but I knew that when on Holiday its good to experiement :D Anyway where to I begin and this may not be the best review because im kinda rubbish as remembering things not to mention I was quite drunk on vacation :cool: . The flight from Birmingham via Manchester to Cancun took 13.5 hours, very long and tedious anyway when I arrived in Cancun My transfer pickup was waiting outside for me and drove me down to my hotel 35 mins approx, the Hotel was Dos playas which was a good hotel for me because the meals and drinks were paid for and then I used to shoot out to do my own things etc.. I had some great friends in the resort and we had a wonderful time, breakky was great and everyday in the morning we used to go to markets, shopping malls and the beach, the best part of my visit is the nightlife, the clubs coco bongo cant remember most of it was too drunk sadly, frogs was good for the price we paid and daddy O was another great place, all nearby and a short bus ride from the Hotel zones. What more can I say the only bad thing was 7 days is never enough, and im looking to visit again in march april may time for at least 14 days, so if anyone has any questions about my trip please feel free to ask and if you have anyinfo how I can get a cheap 14 day trip id like to know, I paid 800 UK pounds for 7 days all Inclusive, im sure they are cheaper deals out there but as my username suggests im a new traveler and a novice in these things :?. But yea Cancun is superb and the beaches are superb, the malls, clubs, bars, markets, buses, what more can I say just a great place and id love to live there. God bless thanks guys and girls

2. Cancun Mode

Cancun Mode Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice, and welcome back. How crowded were the clubs? I remember the first time i went in early March, every club wasn't packed, but it was kind of good that way.

3. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The clubs were very crowded, absoutely jam packed daddy O seniors coco bongo. Im surprised about what you just said, how long did you go for and who did you go with?

4. Cancun Mode

Cancun Mode Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this was back in '04. i believe it was march 2 - 9.
    and sorry this was my second time going.
    I'm not sure about this, but i think this is when the city opened up. but i could be wrong. anyhow, i remember my first night out, we went to coco bongo's. No cover, we weren't drinking so they let us right in. No line or anything. but the club was pretty packed. we left there knowing we could get back in easily and went to The City and it was absolutely dead. All of 100 people in there. But later that week the DJ for 50 was there and that place was stuffed to capacity.

I only ask becasue i recall going the year before, a little later, and every club was crowded. So, naturally i'd figure the month of feb would be a little slower. Glad to hear it wasn't though!

5. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ohh that was a long time ago buddy, things have changed im sure a lot since you last visited, Its so darn far for me Im flying all the way from England, But my last visit 7 days was not enough, I advise anyone going for 7 days to change it to 10 min to 14 :D

6. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol:

I think that this happens to everybody in Cancun. It is particularly hard for the AI folks, such as yourself. If food and drink are included in the price, it's hard to not get your monies worth.

Sounds like you got the fever. Ha!

7. babajim

babajim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Ladies and gents.
    New to the forum, very interesting stuff you guys have here.

Newtraveler good review you have, can i ask some questions as me and a few mates are traving there for 2 weeks in March to Dos playas,
    iv been reading mix reviews regarding the hotel and would like to hear your personal oppion.
    was the food any good?
    did you have any theft problem in the hotel as i hear the maids are very sly!
    was the rooms any good? or was it a dump
    and how much would you recomend i bring if Iam to stay for 2 weeks and do actvities and clubs?

thanks

8. Newtraveler

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi buddy, Dos playas is a good hotel for a young person, I dont know if your young or old but you sound young and with your mates you will have a good time, The Hotel complex is great and huge, the pool is not the best and the beach is nice but they are other good beaches elsewhere behind hardrock cafe in downtown and such. But the hotel gives average food, breakfast is nice watermelon, egggs, chicken, salads, beans, etc.. buffet style but the queing time takes the piss as you have to wait for a table. But for a young person just wake up, eat your meal then buzz off, go out and then come back for your meals. breakfast 7-10 lunch 12-3 dinner 7-11 so you just come and go, the bar closes at 11pm but if you are nice to the barmen they will give you booze to stock up in your room :D

So overal its cheap and cheerful, the maids are good and they clean the place daily, just dont leave valuables on sight hide expensive things before you go out. For 2 weeks bring about £600 spending money in Pesos but I gurantee you will not need to spend all that even for activities. Try not to bring lots of cash with you, they have ATM machines everywhere and if you bring lots of cash dont carry the wad around. The room was good, clean had a shower and TV. the window didnt close but it had AC and it was a good sleep. Hope this helps :)

9. babajim

babajim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi
    Thanks for your reply it was very useful information, much appreciated.
    sounds like i will have a good time at the hotel.yea we are all young lads.
    so it should be all fun and game!
    I was worried £1000 wasnt enought but guess that should be plenty.
    thanks for the advice on the ATM it will save me exchanging up too much money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice