My Place

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by lydia615, Apr 10, 2007.

1. lydia615

lydia615 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know about this place? It's supposed to be a low-key karaoke bar (as opposed to a wild night club)? Info/location, please? Thanks in advance! :)

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes, it's located right next to TGIF at Plaza Zocalo which is at Km9 (i.e. in the middle of the party zone)

You're right it's not a wild nightclub in the same way as The City or Coco Bongo is. They have karaoke nightly, poker nights, pool table and it's also an option for watching sports and a meal out. Joe and Jannet (from NYC) the owners are very friendly hosts and will look after you - tell them you know of this message board :)

Here's their website (although it seems to be down at the moment for me)
    www.myplace-cancun.com

3. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Adopted

Joe and Jannet will do more than look after you, they practically adopted us :daveandmo:

Jimmy

4. lydia615

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    AWESOME thanks. We love karaoke and aren't into BIG crazy techno clubs, so we will check it out.

I will certainly mention the board and you guys.

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many people don't know this but My Place has fantastic food as well as a nice tequila list. In fact, they host a Tuesday evening tequila tasting night, I think it might even be part of the Entertainment Plus 2x1 Discount Card.

212eric

6. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good food, great service -- check it out for a sunset meal on outside deck. And don't forget to take them an original bottle of beer for their "wall of beer!"

7. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Joe and Janet are the best! Sometimes the place can be a little slow, but they are like family once you get to know them.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really enjoy the food at My Place.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    As of a few minutes ago My Place are now the official sponsors of this forum. Check out the announcement thread at the top of the board for more info on My Place

10. lydia615

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Place on 4/25?

Carin and I are tentatively planning on going there on the 25th if anyone else from BBG is interested in going!!! We will know more once we get to BBG on the 22nd and see how the week progresses!

See you on the 22nd!

Lydia

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice