My Memorial Week Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Buffalove, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Buffalove

Buffalove Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I was asked by a few people we see in the fall to write a review. So this is my wife and I’s 3rd trip together; 2nd since the renovation. My 6th trip total her 3rd. No need to get into a story of everything we did but am going to give the good and bad. We’re 34 and 29 from Buffalo with regular jobs who love to party and meet great people that are there for the same reason. And when I say party I mean dance, laugh and build lifelong friendships. Huge fucking shoutout to the Boats and Hoes crew who we met this trip and M&M

We have had a different trip each time but still all just as amazing. The vibe is what you make of it and the people are the best. The old saying is “No one knows you and no one gives a shit.” I think I heard this twice in our week. I think hammering this home like they used to opened up more people.

Weather doesn’t matter to us we dance and party in the rain but we had a mix of everything. You don’t melt.

In no particular order......

• Check in and out - easy and polite
    • Room this time 1911 close to sexy pool. Nice upgrade from pre reno but miss the sexy light option. Showers are huge but waste space with single shower head in most rooms. Beds and pillows comfy and ac was on point. Could hear bash pretty good.
    • Food was great some places and meh others more in a bit.
    • Vibe is much tamer in my opinion which could be management and/or current playmakers
    • Sexy pool is good water was good temp, but too big for party vibe we we want
    • Lobby bar better
    • Quiet pool no idea we walked by for dinners
    • Rooftop best view you will have. Best food too. Pool was awesome hot tubs were even better. Because of the tamer sexy pool we didn’t mind being up there a hour or two a day between games which sucked this trip.
    • Games - Ok but nothing like they used to be. And this is most likely because of a management/owner decision. One low point was when literally watched a hamburger eating completion for rd 1 between 3 guys that took over 10 minutes for the 3 to finish. Only time ever in all my times where I thought wow that was fucking stupid. Some decent spots here or there but nothing where it got everyone around to watch. JJ is as amazing a good example of how things are getting tamer when he lost a bet during a competition it’s a lap with a skirt on instead of a naked lap.
    • Dinner - is substance and no reason we go here. Italian and Asian restaurants were our favorite for food and service. Seafood is great for quiet breakfast and good for dinner. I heard nothing but bad things about She while there and mostly here. But can’t speak personally. Steakhouse in my opinion just aren’t good cuts of meat. And no point ordering your steak based of temp. You’re getting close to well.
    • Lunch - good anywhere but the best on roof. My wife, our new friends and I want to apologize if they are out of popcorn shrimp up there is week.
    • Theme nights were fun about 60-70% participation. Our group did them all. But isn’t lingerie night and pajamas night same thing? Spoiler alert!!!!!!!saw a photo shoot happening and looks like school girl night is coming back. Thank you baby Jesus
    • Bash Music/DJs boy this is tough to not come off like they completely suck because there are times when people are loving it and everyone is dancing and singing along pool or bash. But there are too many times where dance floor at Bash is empty people shuffling on the floor is not killing it for a Dj or a party. Read the room know what gets them dancing and gets the party going. I understand you have to give something to everyone but if 50 people are dancing on stage for things compare to 2-3 or even 0 at times switch it up!!!!!
    • Bash service and Bar great till Thursday night. Waitresses were unbelievable Bella is the best! But Thursday night I’m not sure if they were two lazy to stock the bar outside or what but you could only get premier liquor inside or through a waitress. My one friend had a long convo with manager on how utterly stupid this was he said above his head. Then when I went inside to get my friend wife and I a drink. I was told two drink limit for premier liquor. I then proceeded to have a conversation with the manager except not as nice as my friend. Needless to say I could get more than two drinks from that point on.
    • Room service great
    I don’t want this to come off mostly negative there were 100 great things for the little negative things. Non of this stopped us from talking to new people or familiar faces all day and night. We love walking up and striking up convos with people we haven’t met and it’s as easy as ever. We dance all day and night. I wear different Afros around the resort most of the time it’s a great ice breaker and my wife can point me from across the football field that is the sexy pool.

I could go on for days I love this place since day one 10 years ago. It’s our happy place.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  2. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    Great Review!!

3. TonyandLisa

TonyandLisa Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 0
    Had such a great trip with you guys!! So happy we met!

4. teamDMFP

teamDMFP Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    I'm still waiting for JJ to do what he was supposed to do when he lost that bet to me LOL!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  5. teamDMFP

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    Think my wife met you (albeit briefly, asking how many afros you had brought with you to the resort lol)...

I think one of the big issues with the DJ is they're just playing videos/music on a loop - it's all programmed ahead of time? Not even sure I'd call him a DJ. I think it was glow night and we were on stage dancing and the music got shitty - my wife glared at the DJ about 5 or 6 times, trying to get him to switch it up and he finally just quit looking at her.

6. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    i'm just sad that the place is becoming more tame. 99.99% of the world is designed for tame people. hate potentially losing the few options we have....
    .....and of course it's one of lifes great mysteries why most DJ's are genetically incapable of reading a room.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. teamDMFP

Ratings:
    +566 / 1
    They did allow the guys (at least one of them) to do the belly flop contest completely naked though...but God forbid one of the ladies took off her g-string in a competition!! I've never seen a towel get thrown up to cover her more quickly!

8. Buffalove

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Yeah a little scary. The DR Temptation is exciting and scaring me. Could it be more loose and a combination of Temptation/Desire which I heard from different people or seperate or the same and divide the party people up on separate resorts

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Buffalove

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    You guys are amazing!

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Appreciate that you kept it ‘real’ in your report but still stayed positive about what makes TTR great.

Agree on the music. Really a burger eating competition? That is a new one. Oh boy. Must of been thrilling.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice