MY LAS VEGAS TRIP REPORT!!! ~*Pics*Link*Added*~

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Greta, May 7, 2007.

1. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First off, please forgive typos, etc... Still pretty tired lol...

Also, if it says I will post a pic, I won't be lol.. Still not finished uploading them.. I'll just post the link after they are all finished uploading online...

LAS VEGAS TRIP REPORT APRIL 30 TO MAY 5TH/6TH 2007

PICTURES>>> http://community.webshots.com/user/ggmay77

DAY 1 MONDAY, APRIL 30, 3007

Leave from home around 6:30 for the airport in Charleston, WV.

Arrive in Charlotte, NC, then fly from here to Las Vegas.

Couldn’t see the Grand Canyon for the clouds, but did get to see HOOVER DAM from the sky.. Was very awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Leave the airport to get my luggage. Arrive at The Excalibur Hotel. Get an upgrade to a view room.. My room was facing MGM Grand, & Tropicana Hotels.. Awesome at night...

On way to the room, meet Joe, aka, punkman23 by freak accident. The elevators in this place are a little wacky, so Joe helped me out.. Nice to have met you.. Sorry I didn’t get to see you anymore why I was at The Excalibur...

Arrive to room and love the view.. Get things sorted, and off to play some slots!!!
    Yes, I did it.. I LOST!!!!

Couldn’t win anything in this place or anywhere else in Vegas for that fact...

Pretty tired, so didn’t visit the entire strip tonight...

Went next door to New York, New York. .Awesome Place... After being here a while, and listening to the bands play at this hotel, we decided to go back to ours...

Played a little while longer...

Pretty tired, so at 6am, off to bed I go.....

DAY 2 TUESDAY, MAY 1, 2006

Get ready and go to the swimming pool. The pool was awesome, but the slides didn’t work where we were there.. They are doing construction beside of the pool, so it was pretty loud, but to be expected as I was told before booking...

Out in sun for 3 hours, and have a wonderful burn line haha...

Off to Lunch.. Yummy... Had Fried Chicken, Chinese Chicken of different types, and several other things.. Sweet Tea in Vegas isn’t much good, so please remember this if you love tea....

Back to swimming pool for a bit, than off to play for an hour or so..

LOST AGAIN!!!

Get shower /Get Ready, & now time for THE THUNDER FROM DOWN UNDER!!!

This is a must for all of you ladies!!! Awesome show.. The men are hot, and can dance all over the damn place.. I got a lap dance, which was awesome haha.. Loved it.. Here is a pic of the guy who gave me the lap dance....

DAY 3 WEDNESDAY MAY 2, 2007

Gamble & Lose..

Decided to explore our hotel.. 2 huge towers.. We have McD’s, Quiznos, Krispy Cream, etc... on the 2nd floor of our castle. Down in bottom of castle, we have arcade, etc.... Pretty cool place..

Tour the grounds and take some pictures.. Visit MGM Grand, Tropicana, Luxor, & Mandalay Bay.. Take Pics & Play Slots a little..

Mandalay Bay has a kick ass Slot Machine.. It’s huge.. Here’s A Picture!!!

Don’t do too much today, as we have to get up VERY EARLY next morning to visit the Hoover Dam & Grand Canyon...

Off To Bed!!!

DAY 4 THURSDAY MAY 3, 2007

GRAND CANYON TOUR!!!

Here is a copy of my trip for the day.......

Spend a day at the wonderful site of the Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World! We pick you up from your hotel in Las Vegas and take you to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.
    1. Here you will visit the most popular viewing areas of the South Rim area including Mather Point and Bright Angel Trail. Being just a few miles north of the south entrance to the park, Mather Point is famous for being the first view of the Grand Canyon that most people typically see. The photos you will take from this point will grace your albums for years.
    But for your photo fanatics don’t fret, there’s more!! There will be a brief photo stop at the Hoover Dam where you can capture this awe-inspiring attraction.
    Enjoy a delicious lunch at Max & Thelma’s Restaurant. The restaurant is located at the picturesque railroad depot in Williams, Arizona. This depot was constructed in 1908 and children absolutely love the trains on display here.

NOW BACK TO MY REPORT!!!

Up at 4 am, get ready, wait on shuttle bus for Grand Canyon South Rim Tour...

Board Tour Bus.

First Stop, HOOVER DAM!!!

Awesome place...

Second Stop, Williams, AZ Train Depot for Grand Canyon Train Station Meal...
    Third Stop, GRAND CANYON!!!

Bright Angel Trail is the 1st stop of our Canyon stops.

OH—MY—GOSH!!!

You must visit this place once in your lifetime.. If you take kids, please make sure they will be old enough to remember this place... Experience of a lifetime...

I left a little few pieces of myself for the Grand Canyon to remember me by lol.. I left some skin.. Yes, I fell down... Along the walkway of the Canyon, OUT OF NO WHERE, I step in a big ole hole, and leave a few pieces of myself behind.. Hand got the worse end of the deal, and thought my camera did too, but the batteries had just failed...

No worries, I bought a throw away for the rest of the Canyon tour, but will have to wait a few days to get the pics developed...

After getting back up and sucking in the fall, I clean off, and bandage up hand....

Back to the bus for the 2nd stop of the Canyon views at Mather Point.

Awesome!!! Better views that the first place, but you will have to wait for these pictures, as I don’t’ have them developed..

My friend Mary leaves her cell phone here for the Canyon to remember her by lol.. Yep, down the Canyon it goes lol, so no phone service home for a while... Bought a calling card, but $10 for 25 minutes.. Just used it for the calls I needed to place from my room...

We had small stops at little stores and things going and coming from the Canyon, so you will see little out of nowhere places in my pictures from these places... One of them being an Arizona trading post...

All in all, GRAND CANYON WAS A TRIP I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE FORGET!!!

Get back to my room, and hit the sack!!!

DAY 5 FRIDAY MAY 4, 2007

LAST FULL DAY IN LAST VEGAS...

We decided to walk from The Excalibur, down past Caesars Palace.. Got pics along the way, so you can see them in my pictures... Awesome, but tiring walk.. Loved the Bellagio, but as the winds were too high on this day, didn’t get to see the fountains here, the volcano at Mirage, or any other of the outside things.. Wind was major..

Go back towards hotel on the Double Decker Bus, and visit Luxor, Mandalay Bay again.. Love these two places... DAY 6 SATURDAY MAY 5, 2007

LET THE 2 DAYS OF HELL BEGIN!!!

Get up, Get Ready, & to the airport we go...

Ok, get to Vegas airport at 9 am.. Leave Vegas fly into Charlotte, NC. Let the hell begin..

Let me mention first, that over 20 flight attendants, 8 flight pilots, & several other airport people are on our flight. Several people had to take the next few flights out of Las Vegas do the these people taking their seats... I found this kinda fishy, but made it to Charlotte fine with no major problems...

Arrive inside airport, only to find out MY FLIGHT TO CHARLESTON, WV WAS CANCELED, ALONG WITH ALL OTHER FLIGHTS INTO CHARLESTON!!!

HELL, HELL, HELL!!!

I couldn’t get a flight out until 9:35 the next morning, so I decided to get a rental and drive home.. We are getting a refund on out tickets, but will take a while.. Story in itself.. Still not finished calling them.. The numbers keep telling me high call volume, to call back later...

Anyway, couldn’t get flights into other surrounding hotels, so try the rental car thing.. Want butt loads of money for this, but was willing to pay it to get home.. Our plane landed at around 6pm. Couldn’t get a rental car.. Had to have credit card, not cash... Couldn’t call in from home with credit card, had to have it on hand, and in my name.. Couldn’t get a Bus ticket home..

Airport & US Airways gave us the runaround, and was totally unhelpful.. Was stuck at the lower/last level of airport, and not allowed anywhere else but ground level... Finally my mom and sister found a reliable car to come and pick us up in Charlotte.. This is over a 6 hour drive from home...

We didn’t get any pillow, covers, or anything else but grief while being here.. Other people on our flight home received FREE HOTEL ROOMS, AND FOOD VOUCHERS!!

I’m pretty well pissed, and the lady I went with acted like I was stupid that I could do more.. I told her if she could do any damn better, to get off her ass and go do it.. Needless to say, I WILL NOT TRAVEL WITH HER AGAIN!!!

Sure enough, she didn’t get but to the top of the steps and come back down.. Her first time flying, and she had no clue of what to do... Long story that is way shortened, but the fly/ride home has been hell.. I am getting a refund on that part of my tickets, and have a number to contact Customer Relations with my complaints with hope to be compensated somehow.. US Airways gave me this number after requesting my refund. They told me to tell them everything we went through, and nd exactly what has happened on this length of our trip... I will make sure to do that...

DAY 7 SUNDAY MAY 6, 2007

Ok, I’m suppose to be home in bed, but day 6 leads into day 7... I’m still stuck at the airport...

After over 12 long, long, long, hours of being stuck in Charlotte, my family arrive to pick us up..

Some 17 year old girl was treated the same was as us, but got a flight out of Charlotte for 9:30 am, so didn’t want to catch a ride back with us.. I told her my contact info, and to make sure she reported them, that she was underage, and that she should have had priority for hotel room, etc... They told her to pick a chair and go to sleep.. Pretty darn rude if you ask me... She wondered around with us until she left, because she said she didn’t’ feel safe.. Glad she hung with us.. She was super nice, plus some man kept following her around.... We made sure she was able to get into the main part of the airport before leaving, and around plenty of security, and off we went...

Arrive in Charleston, WV by car to the airport to go in and get my luggage that should be waiting.. They sent it somehow on a smaller plane with no passengers... 1 bag was here, and the other hadn’t arrived yet... Finally I see my other bag just coming in the terminal baggage claim.. WooooooHooooooo, I can finally go home...

The poor 17 year old girl still hadn’t made it to Charleston, and this was at like 1 something yesterday day...Her flight had been canceled in again, but we found out that her dad was going to pick her up, and that she was staying close to the US Airways desk, so she would feel safer.. She said that the guy got on a different flight, and she then felt much safer to stay near airline staff...

ALL IN ALL, VEGAS WAS GREAT, BUT AIRLINE WAS HELL!!!!

Enjoyed my time in Vegas, but SO GLAD TO BE HOME...

I’LL POST THE LINK TO MY PICTURES AFTER THEY ARE ALL UPLOADED!!!

PICTURES>>> http://community.webshots.com/user/ggmay77

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Good job, Greta! It's been a while since I was at the canyon myself (over 30 yrs), but I still remember. I gotta get back there sometime...

good report :)

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    wow.................... good trip report other than the sucky airlines you had to deal with!!!

4. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    woooooo great report!

:evil: @ airlines....terrible way to treat people for sure. They should definitely compensate your troubles....maybe enough to pay for SB08 flight? lol

5. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sounds like fun! minus the last part

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you.. As far as the trip, it was a blast, & The Grand Canyon was AWESOME!!! Just the fly/ride home was awful!!!! Never so happy to see the WV sign lol... I was ready to start hitching home lol.. I would have if they hadn't came to get me....

Also, I can post a pic of the guy who gave me the lap dance and a couple of others while we are waiting on the rest to upload.. Here ya go...

I call him, Mr. Tall Lapdance.

*******MIGHT NOT BE WORK FREINDLY>>>>FYI*****

[​IMG]

My hotel, The Excalibur...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Pool.. Just from one side of it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sunrise From The Room

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MGM GRAND

[​IMG]

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PARIS

[​IMG]

BELLAGIO & CAESARS PALACE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A TRUCK SIGN I COULDN'T PASS UP LOL.. HAD TO TAKE THE PIC!!!

[​IMG]

HOOVER DAM

[​IMG]

SOMEWHERE IN ARIZONA

[​IMG]

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE GRAND CANYON, BRIGHT ANGEL TRAIL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MORE TO COME SOON!!!

7. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

That would be worth it lol!!!! Well, maybe not, but would be nice...

8. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great pics!!

lmao@696-9696 number

grand canyon looks totally awesome...one day I will visit if I can ever tear ourselves away from the ocean vacations....lol

9. Cancun_bound

Cancun_bound Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report and pics. Sucks about the trip home. Hell is an understatement for that misery.

10. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Awesome report and pics Greta Sorry about your ordeal coming back though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice