My friend, Deb's, mother

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bethy, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know I have mentioned that we met a nice couple from Ohio last year at BBG and they came to vacation with us again this year.
    I know some of you were aware of the fact that she recieved a call, on Thursday, from one of the nurses at the care center, where her mother has been, telling her that her mother was not doing well, and would probably not live much longer. She has had alzheimers for the past 12 years.
    Tom & Deb attempted to get a flight home, but with the big problems with the airlines, they couldn't find anything.
    They stayed for the remaining two days of their trip, and have been home with her mother and her family since that time.
    Ryan talked to Deb last night, and her mother passed away about 5:30pm.

Just thought some of you might want to know what had happened with that situation. Many of you were so kind to offer her words of comfort during that time.

2. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Bethy

We weren't aware, but please pass on our condolences.

It is always a big worry when you go away, my father had a stroke a number of years ago and now lives with aphasia and is 79, whenever we go away, I dread the call or even worse missing the call.

3. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Pass on

Hi
    I didnt get to meet them, but please pass on my condolences.

4. MYDAIZEYS

MYDAIZEYS Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did not meet them, i go in 9 days, but please tell them my heart is with them

5. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Our thoughts are with them...Alzheimer's is such a nasty disease. Scott's Mom is currently in the first stages of this disease and he really needs this vacation to regroup.

Bethy & Ryan, please pass on our condolences to Deb and Tom. I hope Deb can remember the good times and take comfort in knowing that her Mom is somewhere better and her spirit has now returned to her pre-Alzheimer's self (just my beliefs/hopes).

Hugs,
    Janice

6. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know Tom and Deb, but Alzheimers is a cruel, cruel disease. I'm so sorry, and my thoughts are with you.

7. minerman

minerman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I remember well when they got the call, and the hard time they had, trying to get a flight home.

Please pass along our condolences on the passing of Debs Mom.

Don & Ro
    (Minerman)

8. mas4fun uk

mas4fun uk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pass our condolences dont know the lady but we know how she must have felt lost my dad the day we went away 2 years ago we are haveing some thing very much the same here wifes mum very ill our june trip looking iffy

9. mas4fun uk

mas4fun uk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sue`s mum passed away tuesday 13th its hard to say how she feels we will be at TTR 9thjune and she has said she dont want ppl comeing to her and giveing there condolences she just wants it to be a time to have fun but i know i will be hard for her

10. osiferrick

osiferrick Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their family in this time of need.....Just remember shes in a much better place...I have had alot of loss the past three years including my wife of 8 yrs...If you ever need anyone to chat with ...im here for everyone.....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice