My FM3

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by davisod, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,206 / 14
    Yours sounds like a straightforward renewal as was mine - and I used Mauricios services too.

My application went in just after the new rules took effect, so around mid November. I still have not had it back yet in Mid March so 4 months so far.

In the middle of that there was about 3 weeks when the office closed down for Christmas and a delay on my end of about 3 weeks in getting my photos done. I'm expecting it anytime now (which delays excepted) would mean about 2.5 months start to finish.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You are setting up a scenario in which you are risking losing your temporary resident status. If you have not gotten the card back in time, you will have to ask for permission to exit and reenter. These are only good for 90 days, and you might not be in a position to return to Mexico that soon.

You really want to do that to yourself?

3. davisod

davisod Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No I certainly don't; I'll switch my flight's departure date, and stay in Mexico till I get the renewal.

4. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Marlo, Mauricio put mine in on March 22nd, and all was acceptable by Cancun's people. If I understand the gist of your comment, don't worry about your card expiring because the main thing is you applied before the expiry; so you're "legal", come hell or high water. Now we wait to see how DF's people like our apps. Mauricio checks on mine twice a week; obviously it's too soon to expect it in my case but it was nice of him to call me today and update me. Hope this helps. Apparently it's a month and a half wait according to Mauricio.

5. davisod

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jajajaja....I expired on March 25th; you'll get used to it. jajajaja.....I did. Living here with no official Mexican status seems no different....jajajaja

6. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    here in PdC my son and I renewed at the same time (old rules, straight FM3) - November. His is still pending. I got mine in January. Go figure.

7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    And, that's absolutely all you need to be able to prove you're legally in the country! As Davi said,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice