My dream is to move to Cancun, I have no idea where to begin. Help por favor!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Kasidy, Jul 4, 2011.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You have to try, to know whether or not you can succeed. If you don't try, you'll always question whether or not you could've done it....that's what my husband said to me when I said we were crazy for moving to Cancun...that was 13 years ago!

2. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a question for you about university. We put my son 2 years back in school (secundaria 2a) so he could catch up on fluency. It has been really difficult for him (as you can imagine) because the Spanish classes are at a rather high level and there was absolutely NO teaching of the language at that level. Next year he will skip 3a of secundaria and jump into 1a of prepa. So he will not have taken the end of secundaria test. Assuming he graduates from prepa (we're hoping to have him jump 2a of prepa to finally catch up with his age group) it will be at 19. Will there be difficulty entering university at that advanced an age? Is there an age limit on entering university? Thanks so much in advance! (we're thinking 1 year in MX university for the language and experince and then back to the US for the rest of university education)

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    At my university, which is a State of Quintana Roo institution, there is no apparent upper age limit, with students I've known who have enrolled for the first time in their forties. There's many new students in their mid to late twenties.

4. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    kathy_caribe: At my university there didn't seem to be an age limit. Most of the students in my class began at age 18, although there were a few of us who began at 19, and several who were in their early-mid 20s. I have also seen a few students around campus in their 30s and 40s.

Entering university at 19 or 20 should be no issue for your son. :)

5. Du Cooke

Du Cooke Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Kasidy been reading over your messages and reply's think it's a great idea that cancun has had that affect on you, its an amazing place, I'm in the same boat as your self I'm a little older but not much but am planning on relocating from UK over there in the next couple of years after finishing in Uni, I have cash saved and that will continue until the time is right, these guys have been so helpful on here with the amount of info and personal experience they've giving I've been firing away at the questions and have got some great feedback and even though I only been got to cancun since 2006 I started to build a bigger picture of what life just might be like over there and its thanx to the guys & dolls on here, but be sure in your self that this what you want, take more time to plan it out, rally research in to the behind the scenes of cancun and mexican laws etc, its alot to skip to far different place a big step indeed, but I say follow what you think is gonna be best for you but always have a back up plan & that get out of jail card handy. good luck you & who know might bump in to yeah in the future in paradise !!!

6. artman530

artman530 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi. is your dream go for it , is been my dream to for a few years now I' was born in mexico I' speak Spanish and Inglish live all most all my live in northen California , I' been planing to open a small caffe or store in cancun if there is anything I' can do for you let me know ..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice