My car has to return to Mexico, I can't drive

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jenleib, Jan 30, 2011.

1. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    check your PM

2. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Was this car bought in Mexico? Can you sell it to an Inmigrante with with an FM2?

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, I had bought my car in Mexico. I just can't sell it to an American here because it has a Mexican title and registration card, although a friend told me otherwise. But I don't think that is right. I couldn't sell it at the time of the accident, that's what DMV had told me.

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will you be able to drive in the future? If so why not put the car inside a garage where nobody sees it and then take it back to Mexico when you go home. That way it can stay with you and in all honesty the DMV has no clue the car is even in the USA to begin with.

5. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Surely someone here can renew your placas (with documents you could FedEx or overnight US Mail, takes 3 days) get your placas and send them with a tourist to mule and US mail. Then, hide it in the garage until you can move it!

6. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the help. Of course I will be able to drive in the future. I CAN but not for very long.

That's true, and that's what my lawyer told me: nobody will look for the car in the US. Except... if I have another accident, and they are crazy here (actually, I had 2, 3 months apart, the second one because 2 cars behind me couldn't stop, I still had a rental car at that time). And it is impossible to live here without a car. I always have meetings or something 40 miles away... and there is no public transportation. I can drive 40 miles or more... with my left arm on my lap :icon_redface:. It just hurts a lot.

In any case, that doesn't solve the problem... it is not a "placas" issue (do they change them now???), it is exportation! I am still waiting for the solution here....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice