Music Stores (Guitars)

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by GONZO, Feb 24, 2007.

1. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was wondering if there is anyone knows of any Music shops in Cancun. I'm looking at starting to play (Midlife crisis) :headbanger: and wanted to get a Fender (or copy) or Gibson Electric (or copy) or a Epiphone.

Thanks in advance. I know they were making guitars in Mexico and was thinking maybe it would be a better deal down there.

Gonzo

2. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wasn't there one on Av. Yaxchilan? I seem to remember one as I am into DJ/PA equipment as home theater. On the west side of Yaxchilan between Coba and the street that goes to Mercado 28.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes, there's one on Yaxchillan, also another on Lopez Portillo. A friend went guitar shopping to both but seemed to think prices are better in the US.

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep. Electronics Gonzalez have stores on Yaxchilan and Lopez.P (combined electronics and music instruments) and there is another store on Lopez.P that is instruments only and has a better range.

Liverpool and Sears also sell eletric guitars, at phenomenally high prices with a wide selection of dents from being dropped by little children.

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info guys. Maybe I will stick with Music go round here in MN. I'll still have to take a look.

Thanks again.

Gonzo

6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! I am truly blessed you guys. My memory is definately a strength. I haven't been in Cancun since Christmas 2002!

7. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to add a bit more info, I noticed yesterday that there is a music/PA store on Tankah, opposite the Market 28 manzana, with a big Yamaha banner tied to the building.

It MAY be that the one from Lopez P has moved location, or it could be another alternative.

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The prices for guitars seem to be better in the US than at Electronica Gonzalez. Guitar Center or another large store like that in the US will also have a much larger selection than the small stores here in Cancun.

Susan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice