MSNBC Covers "24 Hours in Cancun"

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mixz1, Mar 26, 2007.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's an interesting bit of PR flack with a pretty slideshow attached, although the writeup and slide of Mango Tango is an unfortunate oversight.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17739501/

2. VivaCancun!

VivaCancun! Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read that article, and it did seem a bit biased.

3. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting how the writer considers the area by Forum by the Sea as "downtown".

Very old pictures in the slideshow - not only is Mango Tango no longer around, the picture was taken before Faro's was there was well. At least pre-2001! Also, the picture from Club Med was before Wilma; those palm trees are no longer there. That was the same view I had at the end of my morning walk.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It just goes to remind everyone that you should NEVER believe everything the "news" tells you.

If they don't even bother to update their photos for a story, what makes you think they have updated any of the info or even verified the claims they make.

5. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's not a hard mistake to make really - If you think of Cancun as being different than Benito Juarez, then all of what you'd really thinking of Cancun as would be the Hotel Zone. And when considering the Hotel Zone alone, the convention center area would be 'downtown'.

That does show a lack of depth, but then again, that's all anyone is likely to be able to get in 24 hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice