Moving to mexico - letter to pres. Obama

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by v8eyedoc, May 15, 2010.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jamie: Just like the email that was passed around was meant to "piss people off and stir things up"...?

Sorry mate, you got it all wrong.

My intention is to keep an interesting discussion going - my "experiment" was obviously not literally meant, juts a fun thought, simply for the outcry racial profiling would cause, just like in the Arizona-case, but with the tables turned.

My friend, a Mexican-American since the age of 19(hes 57 now..), got pulled over for about 1 hour in Phoenix last weekend.

Hes lawyer told him he can actually sue them, but he is not going to. Hes "too proud"...

To be able to "suspect" people of being illegal based on the appearance is just f*cked up if you ask me.

Now, I never said anything about arresting people, although the cops will have the right to "take you in" if they "suspect" the person to be an illegal alien.

Dont know if the final version will change much, but to avoid being sued by those legals who DO get questioned and treated as illegals, they better polish the final version... Would be costly NOT to do so.

Im sure people who arent affected support it, but I wonder what it would sound like IF the tables were turned(as in the case of my little experiment :))

If I were of Latin background and lived in US, Id be freaking p*ssed off.

Like I said, I do know something has to be done, but I doubt this is the right way to go...

The issue of illegals in US is NOT a one-sided issue - it rather has quite a lot of parties involved...

I would like to see a stricter take on the ones hiring illegals, and also on those Americans who simply feel "too good" to take certain jobs, just like Tori wrote.

I DO hope that this entire debate thats raging on in US and "world wide" can also start to tackle those who profit from illegal immigrants.

Cheers :)

2. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You know I am just so freaking sick of the crap. Most know I've recently adopted four children our oldest is 16 and Half mexican half american. He has been getting harassed by not only kids at school but freaking ADULTS! They tell him to " go home to HIS country" They tell him " he has no right to be here" . I am SICK of it.I may just slap the smile off the next person's face that messes with my son and do it while I have a smile on MY FACE.

Pissed off over this issue would not even start to explain how MY family feels about all this crap.

Get the damn Golden spoon out of your damn mouth and stop acting like you are worth or better then someone elese. ( this was NOT directed at one person but a general statement)

OH and let me count the times I've been told" You should of adopted only american children" Kiss my big fat white ass. My son and I tease all the time he loves to surprise his teachers when his momma walks in OR when someone is harassing him and I walk up and they ask who I am. Ohhh thats my white momma and you better watch what you say as she is a bit protective!! Besides being 31 ( so very young to be his momma and then white) we get some surprising looks HA!

On a side he is very proud of both of his hertiges how his mexican hertiges shines more on the outside ( IE his dark skin etc). We embace Both of his hertiges and I could not be more proud of him.

BTW incase someone wonders Yes he was BORN in America but that does not stop people from harassing him.

Oh excuse me while I put myself in time out I guess this post didn't come from "normal upbeat me"

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I think most Americans are not upset about the illegals on a racial level. I've never looked upon anyone who is Hispanic as being "non-white" and I'm not even sure where that distinction comes from. Having lived in Argentina I can tell you that their ethnic background is more European than many US cities. What upsets most Americans the most is simply language.

Every immigrant group that has ever come to the US has learned how to speak English.....that is every group but one. I have to ask the question, Why? The free pass to Spanish speaking people is more than a little annoying to most of us. I realize that the background of it goes all the way back to 1960 and the huge influx of Cuban refugees after Castro took over. That created "Little Havana" in Miami and that has continued and expanded to this day. We shouldn't have to hear "for English press 1." I find that very insulting. If someone wants to come here for a better economic opportunity, that's fine, but learn how to speak the language and you'll find the situation to be much different. Don't force me to learn your language because you can't bother to learn ours. You need only look across the river into Canada to see how divisive the language issue can be. That is something that needs to be changed and it needs to be changed very soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice