Moving to Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by emilyssdr, Nov 3, 2013.

1. emilyssdr

emilyssdr Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all! I´m glad I found this site. here are some highlights of my situation, I would like all positive feedback please! or any words of advice!

-livng in mexico with my husband
    -husband is mexican
    -do not have my fm3, was advised by inmigracion i need to be offered a job FIRST then I can apply for my work permit....true or not? any advice?
    -speak 50 percent spanish...still learning
    -moving to cancun for the holiday seasno and hopefully permanently for better jobs.
    -husband will have no problem, he´s got some connections already, and speaks fluent english
    -Can I get hired by Xcaret park as a US citizen? or any advice about what I can do to find a joba nd ease my way into inmigracion? Ineed a work permit but do i get it BEFORE or AFTER I find a job?

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You now have to apply for Temporary Resident permits from outside of Mexico. For permission to work you have to have a letter offering you the job from the employer. The law changed last November and it is a pain in this case.

But as the wife of a Mexican citizen there are some advantages to you.

It might be wise to consult with an Immigration attorney on your end, and/or visit a Mexican Embassy or Consulate in the US.

While becoming a Temporary Resident, what we used to call FM3s and FM2s, it has become scaringly easier to become permanent residents. And permanent is forever. You could go, even move, to another country and you will remain a Permanent Resident of Mexico. Beyond strange for me to see this, after 9 years here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice