Moving to Cancun... Date is set / flight is booked !!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by NicHamburg, Apr 15, 2011.

1. NicHamburg

NicHamburg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Folks,

So, now it is final. My last workday in Germany is the 16th Dec, and on the 17th Dec i will finally do the step and move to Cancun.

Looking forward to meet the people i already know, and making new contacts.

I know, this i not turning out to be an easy thing, but as it is my second attemp: I learned from the mistakes, cuted down the Expectations and am more prepared this time ;-)

See you soon my friends.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hurrah! Best of luck Nic! :D

3. kellz!

kellz! Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck I'll see ya in march!!!

4. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yaaaa!!!!! Glade the plans are coming together. Can't wait to hang out more then just a few hours.

5. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! my bff is moving here!!!! wooooo

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've lived here seven and a half years and never get tired of "sun, sea and sand". It is possible to make a living here, it's not what you make in other countries but it's certainly enough to live comfortably. For me, the benefits outweigh the negatives, and I don't just mean the sun/sea/sand. My stress level is much lower here, my mental health is much better here, living with children is amazing here (kids are actually treated with respect and my son is getting an education that is advanced compared to Canada). Overall, I may have fewer material things here, but my quality of life on many levels is far higher than in my past.

Just saying scorpio, don't project your own negative ideas on everyone, we each have our own personal experiences, reasons for being here, reasons for staying here. Yours seem to have been tied to a personal relationship and that's fine, just want to ensure that anyone reading knows that there are a million stories in the city, some good, some bad and people will make their own decisions (some good, some bad).

7. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with CC 1000%. And he has already lived here so he knows what to expect. He has all us friends here too to lean on.
    I came here 1.5 yrs ago for a relationship that failed...and I have NO Desire to head back NOB anytime soon. I love my life here; and the shitty 100% commission pay I get. And now my Dad is now looking into Real Estate to join me.
    Can't be all that bad if we are all still here and Nick is willing to give it another shot.

8. NicHamburg

NicHamburg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks my friends for the positive vibe :-D

@ Scorpio

Everyone has a reason to make the "decission". And yes, there are maybe a lot of things that obviously seem better in Europe/Hamburg... But for myself,
    its that i am not feeling "home" here anymore.. There are soo many things that really worry me and a lot of things that really are eating my "mental health" here. But this would bust this thread for sure....
    (But makes a good topic for a round of beers and shots at La Taberna / Los Arvos btw).

- I know what to expect, i know its gonna be hard to find a job, that i have to accomodate to the "Mexican Way", and that i have to lower my sights on a couple of things. (health-care, social security etc).
    But believe me, for my self, its far better than staying here....

- To the job thing... No i dont have a job waiting for me... that would be too easy. I will bring financial support for 6 months without any income... This should be enough to find a job. And for my oppinion, NO job is dirty enough not to do it. if it brings money, its good. (unless its obv. illegal).

I have no secrets, if you have any questions, you are welcome to ask.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Way to go Nico. See you soon amigo.

Some really great things in Cancun that are not aviailable in Hamburg - Mormis/Norma, ToriB, Trina, Bundy and ME. And soon Nico and I will kick his butt playing pool, like the old days.

10. Princess015690

Princess015690 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Nico.. I will be down to visit you and Norma asap :)
    Plus you moving down there.. I can stay longer.. I can crash at your place :)
    If all else fails, let people pay to stay with you..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice