Moving Sale--some questions

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by valgunn, Aug 5, 2013.

1. valgunn

valgunn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are leaving sunny Cancun for Italy in September and are planning on selling many of the things we purchased here. I've got some questions before making another thread on it.

Should I do an 'open house' so folks can come and see what we've got or are pictures good enough?

How long before the move should we have the sale? We are leaving around September 15th.

What information would you like to have on the items?

Thanks in advance!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Pictures might work best. I know we probably wouldnt bother making a trip to view items if we didn't know of anything we were particularly interested in first.

Or maybe both - try to sell the main things/more expensive items online first and then finish up with an 'open house' for whats left.

As for timing there are probably some things you could let go earlier, and some things you might want to keep a hold of until the last minute.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I like seeing a post with a link to the photos. Prices are a help on the bigger ticket items. If you have not moved I would think you might be able to move a lot of things in your building. Maybe have a Venta de Garage sign somewhere that is acceptable to advertise.

For a broader market, Walmart and Soriana let you put adds on a board. Walmart requires that you give it to them and they will post it for a week. Soriana allowed me to just put up an ad with pix and tear off phone numbers.

I have never had a garage sale but helped a friend sell her boy's battery operated vehicle.

I did have a few things that I was thinning out or replacing with new versions of the same. Carmen Bianca, a broker friend who manages a number or rental properties in the HZ, bought nearly everything. An old blender, toaster oven and mircrowave come to mind but there was more.

Thanks for long ago tip on the Silk Pure Almond being available at Superama. I still get it there although Mega started selling the 30 cal version. And Costco has the 90 cal 6 pks on sale for only $18 or $18.50 per liter. LOL. How many years ago was that Val?

4. valgunn

valgunn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not that long ago :)

I think it was last year sometime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice