Moving House

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Mar 7, 2007.

1. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Best wishes with your new home Steve & Co. :!: :!:

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve, I am the master of revenge. Let me know if you want any more suggestions. I am reminded (not my idea) of the scorned wife who left the shells from shrimp in the curtain rods. Say no more but the complete story is a great one of revenge.

And there are more from a real estate guy who has learned some the hard way.

3. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats steve. Hope the new place makes you happy. I am so glad I moved when I did.

While I'm a girl who truly likes revenge, sometimes karma does a good job herself. I've seen it!!! lol

4. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Removing the trap of a sink and replacing it with a straight pipe + plugging the vent will stink up with whole place and will take them for ever to figure it out. Also, clipping the cable and telephone wires too short for new connectors will force them to run new wires. Crazy gluing half the holes in every stove burner would piss anyone off.

Yeah, I had my share of unscrupulous landlords too. They all apologized at some point, but still kept my hard earned dollars.

5. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :shock: :shock: YIKES :shock: :shock:

I have never heard of this type of revenge :lol: :lol: But will be sure to keep it in mind if I ever need revenge :lol: :lol:

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I evicted a tenant once who was selling drugs. It was a property in a low income area. When he left he put "quick set" concrete in the toilet and flushed it. Of course it hardened in the lines, which had to be dug up and repaired.

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Agreed and I too have witnessed this. I say, "If I don't get you, God will!!!"

I hope things are good for you in your new place. I wish I could be there for your housewarming party! :cry:

8. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats, Steve, and thanks for the info. Of course I, too, hope you will wait for the party.

I don't have as much imagination as you all :lol: , but before I bought my apartment, I had the same experiences. I have never been given my deposit back, until I have been suggested not to pay the last month. It was hell. She cut the phone (that I got back since I didn't owe one peso), the water, and had to bathe in the swimming pool etc... But I didn't lose any money. I was tired of that.

The Profeco can do nothing in landlord/tenant stuff, I don't know who can, maybe only yourself.

Better think about your new life and be careful with the lease.

See you

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the US landlords can't do this crap. I had a landlord try to keep a deposit on an apartment which only had normal wear and tear on it. As soon as she started in with all of what was wrong I wrote her a letter explaining that I knew my rights, that it was normal wear, that I would fight anything she took from my deposit and that I wanted my deposit back immediately. I got the deposit in full back within 5 days. That landlady had a history of always trying to keep something from each tenant that moved out. So I knew what was coming when I moved out, and I was ready. It pays to know your rights...when you have any...which you don't here!!!!

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In general, US landlord tenant law almost always favors the landlord.

The one huge exception to that is the security deposit. A landlord can only retain it under very strict circumstances and must return it to the tenant within a certain period of time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice