Mosquitos ?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Are there a lot around at the moment? Or is it just because our neighbour has a foot of stagnant water in their swimming pool?

Never see many here but I got bit twice just walking from the gate to the front door.

2. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, there are a lot. I have never seen that in 9 years. Did anyone drop a colony on the city? Another kind of terrorist attack??? :shock:

3. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mosquitos

This week, I've seen many more mosquitos than usual. Yesterday, I was on a bus from the hotel zone and got attacked during the entire ride. Not sure why there were so many mosquitos on the bus, but everyone was miserable.

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They sure as hell make using th bathroom unpleasant. We have to close our windows at aout 6:00pm and we don't have A/C. The prices we pay for living in "Paradise".
    Thank God I haven't seen those Pinche Scoripian things :cool:

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree. I always keep 2 cans of repellant in my car, in case one runs out.

But they are everywhere.

7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I remember two years being really bad.

2002 and 2008. It's horrible this year. Just wait til October!

8. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey TJ how's it going?
    You know what else is driving me crazy is these "Frickin" little white ants, the ones you can hardly see, they are everywhere and I can't find their nest to kill them off because they don't travel a trail like most ants do.
    Mosquitoes don't bother me much, I have to much hair on my body, but they are eating Aida and her daughter everynight. They have bite marks all over their bodies, and what is worse is my grandson is going to be spending the weekend here and at a little over than one years old I am sure they will be eating, or should I say drinking, him too.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the body hair reference. I am trying not to picture that. I just lost my appetite.

There is something called Terro that I get for the tiny ants at Home Depot in the states. Have not looked for it here. A few drops where you see the little buggers and they circle around the drops, take it back to the nest and bam, they are gone. But in time they always come back.

10. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ants

my house is infested with all types of ants this year too. i just had RiverGirl bring me some liquid ant killer from the US. i've never seen it here. it is the only thing that i've found to be effective. it takes a couple of days to kill off the ants, but it works. i ordered a product called Revenge Ant Killer from a company in Colorado called Golden Harvest, or something like that. i don't know if they ship to mexico, but it's worth checking out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice