mosquitoes

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bella, Feb 13, 2008.

1. bella

bella Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First time being in Cancun. Is there any mosquito problem during the day or at night? i hate getting bitten so should i come prepared with repellant? :(

2. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It depends on alot of factors.-

If you are in front of the ocean there are no mosquitos, if you are at the lagoon there are a lot of mosquitos.

At HZ in the open places it depend on the wind and the rain, same in DT.

So bring some repellent.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The mosquitoes here, near the coast, generally bite at dusk and generally bite your ankles. So if you plan to wear long pants and socks at that time of day you can avoid being bitten.

If you going into the jungle it's a different story, they bite all day and everywhere...

4. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our hotel last year was on the lagoon side and i got bit all the time, but my mate barley got bit.
    This is one of the reasons we are not lagoon side this time.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mosquitoes are more likely to bite people who've recently eaten bananas for some reason.

And I've noticed that people who eat lots of red meat seem to get bitten more than I (who barely eat any meat) do. Lots of vegetarians I know have bragged over the years that they don't get bitten as often as meat eaters.

6. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its funny, i always said it had to do with blood type lol

i rarely get bitten unless they are like crazy bad like on a rainy summer evening in the woods.

perhaps its cause i dont eat bananas :lol:

i can say i have never gotten a misquito bite while in cancun

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The garlic shrimp at El Pescador's is a great repellent :wink: :lol: :lol:

8. bella

bella Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think to be safe i will stay away from the jungle :shock: that won't be difficult. I will eat a banana :lol: and I will bring my repellant just to be safe :D

9. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wear repellant and be safe, you can buy SP + Repellent

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recommend the Off Deep Woods in the green aerosol cans. I don't think you can get it in Cancun so toss one in your suitcase. Cancun mosquitos do not like this stuff.

And I have never heard of eating or not eating meat or bananas. I think Rivergirl may have a strange smell that repels these little guys. Ja Ja.

Sometimes they get me and sometimes they don't. I spent hours in the jungle recently and I could hear them but did not get bitten once. And I mean the real, live jungle. Then I was eating somewhere downtown, maybe La Troje, and they were eating me up. Go figure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice