More Telcel questions

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by ToriB, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the Amigo Pre Paid, and have a couple voice mails that I would like to listen to and delete. If anyone else has this service anc could be of any assistance, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I potential emplyer called, and I would like to listen to the message before calling back. I know I hae to dial *86, but I get lost from there. And if you also know how do disable VM all together, that would be wonderful.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well you really don't have to do anything. At least I don't think you do.

They will play your voice mails one a time after telling you how many you have. Then you hit 1 to replay it, 2 to save and 3 to delete.

Sorry but I don't know how to turn it on and off or even if you can.

Doesn't your Mexican boyfriend speak Spanish? When in doubt I always say, ask a Mexican. Usually that would be Ruben, who knows everything and how to say it in both languages.

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

HaHaHaHaHa.. how right you are! :roll:

4. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your help TJ, but the messages aren't playing. It's just a really long recording. I would ask Hector, but he is working until after 10 tonight.

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are hearing a long recording, its probably the instructions to setup the voice mail, where it asks you to create a "nip" (pin number) and record the message, if that is the case you shouldn't have any messages, since its not setup yet to take them. Without hearing it it's impossible to say for certain what needs to be done. The website below (in Spanish) tells you the procedure to set up voice mail (but if you dont want it, you shouldn't set it up).... what makes you think that you have messages that need to be checked?

http://tinyurl.com/yeo7tu9

6. ToriB

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After about 4 missed calls, I get a text from telcel stating that I have a vm, and to dial *86 to retrive it. Plus the vm icon is on the phone. And a friend left me two of them and she asked me if I got her voice mails. So it is set up, and I didn't do it. Weird!!!!!
    Thanks for the info....I will try and figure this one out.

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it is setup and taking messages, it should play as soon as you call like TJ said, unless there is something funny going on.. I think you'll have to have someone else listen to the message and figure it out.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TelCel charges you to listen to VMs. So as a general rule I don't leave VMs on friend's cel phones, as it's rude to make them pay to listen to my banter.

And I've had my own VM turned off, so no one can leave me VMs on my cel either. You either get me on my cel or you text me. But no VM for me.

I know this doesn't help you right now, but that's how I've handled it.

I've also stopped answering my land line after the recent rise in extortion phone calls here (yes, I LOVE living in a country where I'm scared to answer the phone). If some one wants to extort me then they better do it via email, haha.

9. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG: How did you disable the VM??

Absolutely hate it, but haven't figured out how to turn it off.

10. TomT

TomT Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I found out I had to register my SIM card, I went to the Telcel Customer Service office on Tulum. The people I dealt with were very helpful, even though there was a definite communication problem. But a few people did speak some English, and I was able to get what I needed.

Give them a try if you're anywhere nearby (it's a few blocks from the American Express office and Plaza Mexico.). I suggest you walk in with a written list of needs with the help of Google Translate.

I find it odd that you can get an English option when you call in to check your available minutes, but you can't get the same option for voicemail.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice