More killed

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by afrazier5, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have written a comment over about 10 times and keep deleting it cause I sound rude and I am trying not to be. 30 miles is VERY far from here, and in the 8 months I have been here I have gone 1 time that far away. RELAX, seriously!!!!!! If you are a druggie then maybe you have something to worry about. But tourists only harm themselves here... 99% of the time.

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh, and I just read on a Phily news page that 3 ppl were killed outside of a S Jersey Shore town. Sure wouldn't stop me from going there. Yes, it wasn't random, and I can bet my life that this wasn't either. Just thought I'd add this fact.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    And definitely dont visit the sleepy Lake District in the UK, 12 people were randomly shot dead there a few days ago.

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do not know where the idea of Americans being killed comes from. Only 2 people who are dead have been identified as of a short while ago and neither are Americans. This is more likely a drug related issue with the drug lords mad at someone and making a very strong point as to not to cross them. It has nothing to do with tourists in any way.

5. afrazier5

afrazier5 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My apologies to everyone for 'ass-uming' they were Americans. Even I occasionally fall victim to reporting like this making it sound like Americans believe it actually was. So for that I apologize.

I also stated I will not let this interfere with my holiday. I don't plan on doing anything differently down there than I do in my own home town which has kept me safe for 10 years (and no I'm not a hermit in my home either). Thanks to you as well Steve for clearing up the issue with the link...you're always fast on the draw and highly appreciated!

6. overtimetravel

overtimetravel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scared

Ok after reading all this we are scared and will not leave our room so if everyone could just show up at our room with alcohol, and partially naked we will try to get through this time of terror....LMAO

7. mrbear

mrbear Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ha ha funny

8. clock

clock Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    aye but the gunman had began his spree by killing two people he had a fued with and then many others he knew. he was obviously clinically depressed.

in glasgow youll find that there are that number of murders EVERY month at least and i walk around here free as a bird. not one ounce of fear as there is no reason to be fearful.

9. Reefer

Reefer Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Many places in Mexico are specifically mentioned as places to avoid. Cancun is not one of them.

During the six year period 1st Jan 2004 - Dec 2009 32 Americans died in Cancun of non natural causes - an average of just over 5 people per year. This figure includes thousands of expats who live in Cancun year round.

Causes of death were:
    Drowning 14
    Vehicle accidents 6
    Other accidents 6
    Suicide 4
    Drug OD 1
    Murder 1

Death of U.S. Citizens Abroad by Non-Natural Causes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice