MORE HELP NEEDED FOR FIREFIGHTERS

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by T.J., Feb 19, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Some of you may have read of the fire last month that claimed the lives of two firefighters in Cancun.

We are raising money to be given directly to the families of these two heroes. No admin fees, no nothing. Just cash that I will personally put in the hands of the two widows. This will be done in early March after I return on Feb. 28.

I have contact info on both families through a friend I originally met on this board. One of the families actually left Cancun but has returned and is living with a relative of my friend.

BUT HERE IS THE DEAL. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE, PLEASE EMAIL ME BY CLICKING ON THE EMAIL LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST, UNDER MY SIGNATURE. I WILL SEND YOU MY FLORIDA MAILING ADDRESS. YOUR GENEROUS CONTRIBUTIONS WILL NEED TO REACH ME NOT LATER THAN MONDAY, FEB. 26, SO THAT I CAN TURN THEM INTO CASH THE NEXT DAY.

Thanks to those of you who have already contributed and to Steve, the owner of the board, who has supported this effort.

When all this has been done I will report on it again. A Cancun friend is a retired Florida firefighter. He is making a trip to Florida in about two weeks to try to line up donations of equipment from some South Florida Fire Chiefs. It is unconfirmed but I heard that these guys had to go into dense smoke with Scuba gear as they did not have
    proper equipment.

I also know, and this is confirmed, that a fireman in Cancun earns roughly the same as the trash collectors.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THANKS SO FAR.

In the 3 short hours since I posted this on a couple of Cancun boards, I have had several emails asking for my address so that contributions could be made.

Thanks again to everyone who is participating with us on this. It is a very worthy cause.

T.J.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice