More Coronavirus Debate

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Jen&Kyle, Jun 30, 2020.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I just don't understand how spikes are something that is surprising to everyone. Places were not 100% shutdown, there were still people working jobs, making food, moving about. 100% of the people did not stop moving for a month and then the virus just disappeared. The original purpose of the shutdown was to help flatten the curve and not overload the hospital systems. I said from the very beginning that if we waited two weeks, two months, or two years you were eventually going to have the the same thing happen as locations reopened, even in phases. And that is what we are seeing now. However, the deaths are very much slowing, which shows how it isn't as life threatening to everyone as a whole (though there anomalies).

If we go back and forth with opening and closing and red, yellow, green, we will pretty much end up in the same place at the end (and that could be 3, 6, 12, 24 months). At this point I'm about just ripping the band-aid off. And clearly that's just my thoughts, not saying it's right or wrong. It's just logical to me, and if other people feel the opposite, then they shouldn't be forced to go to work, the bar, a mall, the gym, or vacation. People should be given the right to open their business or not, open their workplace or not, open their hotel or not.

Well back to the topic at hand. I really really really hope nothing happens, and on a personal note our Aug 7th trip still happens.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • List
  2. Chails

Chails Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    We aren’t doom and gloomers even after the wife already had and recovered from this. But when you read that one person infected dozens of people at a birthday party (a vanilla one I assume) Or a groom infected 100 at his wedding, then I’m not sure how a place like TTR or Desire wouldn’t get hit like a ton of bricks once it starts. IMO, they should be open 10 days and close for 2 and you can’t just rebook. That way they can have a fresh restart every 10 days and the thing doesn’t keep passing to the next new guest.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Agree. There isn't a cure presently, we need to learn to live with the risks, and the consequences. To not, would basically be to stop living life, what have you gained from that?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Jirka

Jirka Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    ...ugh, HUGE sigh :(

It's sadly what governments all over this blue & green rock decide for all of us, if we can travel to a place or not...Even if one is willing to take a risk, and people want to keep working to make money...If the guy's in office of origin or destination decide you're not going, you're just not going....sigh again.
    And we really need some social converging stat! :cool:

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    I had forgotten to include comments on the incubation period before being contagiuos.
    Again, not really known ranging from 2-14 days depending on “the research”.
    So, for a typical week long visit some could have been infected BEFORE they arrived and not experienced symptoms until AFTER they got home.
    Some could have been infected at TTR and experienced symptoms while visiting or as soon as they got home or shortly afterwards.
    This leaves TTR and Cancun or the airports as smoking guns to others.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
  6. Waterlvrs

Waterlvrs Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +584 / 0
    This is such a great idea. I hope someone shares this with the Quintana Roo government. It's a much better option than shutting everything down completely!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. The Gringos

The Gringos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +131 / 0
    Thats a fantastic idea to be honest

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    You're going to get smacked on the back of the head. Again. "Ray's jugs."

I mean, I agree, but this is the nicer, newer, softler, gentler, more mature-er and more adult-er public you are speaking... er... writing to.

9. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Copy & paste, maybe? Please?

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    hee hee hee , oh how you jest sir!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice