Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Danirose

Danirose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice

thanks, which side had more activy and things to do , nicer rooms etc .....

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well, if you consider there's a free shuttle going back and forth between the Sunrise and Nizuc lobbies every five minutes or so, you shouldn't have problems if you want to dine at the other's restaurants or participate in activities on the other side. I prefered the smaller lobby area of the Nizuc as it "felt" more cozy. The Sunrise side caters to conventioners, so the lobby area is def. larger and noisier (when we visited) and of course, there may be more to see/do there.

It seems a larger issue is the fact the property sprawls so far that if you were booked on the outer edges of the property it would take a long walk to get to the lobby building for breakfast, the shuttle, etc. I understand there are golf cart staging areas among the outer buildings for guests to be shuttled to the lobby, but I haven't seen them.

3. BungalowBill

BungalowBill Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    "I understand there are golf cart staging areas among the outer buildings for guests to be shuttled to the lobby, but I haven't seen them."
    The carts stop at the center courtyard between each row of buildings. We were in the second row on the south side of Sunrise (Mango) and the carts stopped there for travel in both directions.

4. Mnmama

Mnmama Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No matter where you end up it will just be about a 10 min. stroll to either lobby. You are in Cancun, relax just enjoy the walk on the path in front of the resort. It truly is a nice short walk to whereever you need to be. However, the Lobby to Lobby bus is handy if you need to get to a tour or something on time.

5. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This is true. I was speaking from the point of view of my spouse, who's got a leg in a brace. She can walk far, but it takes longer for her.

Either side is ok. Generally speaking you just want to get a room near the main (lobby) building whether its on the Sunrise or Nizuc side. That's where all the restaurants and clubs are. They're also adjacent to the magnificent pools and outdoor grills.

6. Danirose

Danirose Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kids

I was wondering how Kid freindly is the MP< i have a 13year old son and he was not goign to go but i am debating that now.
    I would love any input on this?

thanks

7. cuteone53402

cuteone53402 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Uh oh! We are also going April 24th - May 1st for our honeymoon and staying on the Sunrise side and our travel agent "guarenteed" us a ocean view. She specifically said that it is full ocen view not partial. Does anyone know if there are full ocean view rooms on the Sunrise side or was she lying to us :evil:

8. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I suppose it is possible...if you are out on your balcony. In my mind (not having been in a Sunrise room) you wouldn't be able to see much of any water from inside the room. The closer your room is to the beach, the better your chances.

There are rooms located at the end of each row of buildings nearest the beach. Those should have perfect, unobstructed views. I'm not positive, but my impression is that those are the larger, pricier suites.

Remember, none of the buildings are over three stories tall, which is why a resort with so many rooms tends to sprawl all over. But it also cuts down on your opportunities for a view. Generally speaking, oceanview here means you will have a view in the direction of the ocean, but doesn't guarantee a view of the water, or that vegetation won't be in the way.

9. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Re: Kids

They have a sample schedule for kids' activities here:
    http://www.palaceresorts.com/Resorts/MoonPalace/KidsActivitiesCalendar.asp

A children's pool and playground are somewhere on the grounds. There's miniature golf. The big, huge pools are not more than 4' deep (am I right, guys?) which is cool for older kids like yours. This is a family resort even though it also caters to conventions. You child shouldn't feel out of place here. He's old enough to appreciate some of the tours, in case you're considering a trip to the Mayan ruins.

10. shellbellc

shellbellc Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3/1 - 3/7

Can't wait to go, we have a group of 18 of us staying at Moon Palace. Hoping one of the restaurants will be able to seat all together for one dinner night.

I saw that Moon Palace is close to Puerto Morelos, is there anything to do there. Saw that it's a small Mexican fishing village and thought might be worth checking out. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice