Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. syak

syak Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wedding at the Moon Palace

Anyone had their wedding or attended one at the Moon Palace? How was it? Do you recommend it for a small wedding party? Do all the rooms have jacuzzis? TIA!

2. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never attended one, but have been there when many have been going on and hung out with the families.

I've heard nothing but good things about the wedding packages. It's a beautiful place to get married. They accomdate parties of all sizes from what I've seen.

Yes, all rooms have jacuzzi's. Fabulous!! I'm biased, but this is a fantastic hotel. We've stayed there 3 times and will be back for our 4th in April.

3. newtocancun

newtocancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to everyone who posted all the great info on Moon Palace!!! I'm so glad I found your forum!!

My husband and I are leaving for Moon in less than three weeks to celebrate our 25th anniversary, and I'm soooo excited! This will be our first time to Mexico, and to an AI.

We've been on several cruises to the caribbean, the only thing we dont like about being on a cruise is that you're tied to their schedule. It's going to be nice to do whatever we want, and come back to the resort when we feel like it!

I have a question.... Which side is better?? The Nizuc? Or Sunset?

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ok...about that cruise ship situation vs. the Moon Palace (MP)...they are almost the same, but not the same.

Some people have reported feeling "stuck" at the resort. The MP is isolated from all the other resorts in the area and some distance from Cancun's hotel zone with its clubs, restaurants and malls. You can't walk there (well, you can try but I wouldn't recommend it). You can't really take a bus there. Visits to Cancun can be made by taxi, but that can be expensive. Or you can take one of the scheduled free shuttles which run to and from the Moon Palace during the day. But at night, you are on your own and have to worry about paying for one of those taxi's.

However, as you've said, you can create your own schedule. Free excursions run to many of the most popular sights/activities in the area, and you can pick/choose how many (if any) you want to participate in and when you go. The resort itself is sufficiently large enough to have several different restaurants, grills, bars, two huge pools, shows, etc.

I wouldn't worry about which side is the best. Because every five to ten minutes, a free shuttle runs from the lobby of one side to the other side. You're on the Nizuc side and want to dine at the Mo Mo No Hana asian restaurant in the Sunrise side? No problem, the shuttle will take you there and later will return you home when you're finished with the activities on that other side.

5. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  6. Zoe

Zoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    golf

Heading to the Moon Palace in Feb./06 and was wondering if there are any deals for playing the resort course.Price is a little steep for a round. Are there any deals out there?

7. newtocancun

newtocancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info Michael!

We'll be happy with what the hotel has to offer for tours, and shuttles to other Palace resorts. I definately want to go to Isla Mujeres, I'm not sure what other tour we'll do. I guess we'll make that decision when we get there.

8. newtocancun

newtocancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wanted to drop in and thank everyone for all the info we received on Moon Palace. Hubby and I returned 10/15, and had a wonderful time!! One thing I have to say, 7 days at Moon Palace and in Cancun is not enough!! We plan on going back in 2007 and will definately be there for at least two weeks! I fell in love with Moon Palace and with Cancun!!

I was relieved that we came back when we did. But my heart goes out to all the tourists still down there, and for the locals who have to clean up the mess. I know that Canun will be back in no time, and just as beautiful as it was - before Wilma hit.

Not so newtoCancun anymore!

9. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    From the Palace Resorts website:

10. Dennis

Dennis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know if the pier survived at the Moon Palace. I have some pics of MP as of a couple of weeks ago, but I don't know about the pier.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice