Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. sandyjoanne

sandyjoanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    news years at moon

We stayed New Years at Adventurea after the Huricane, we were suppose to be at the Moon, moved us to Adventurea. They had a big New Years Eve party like 2000 people. Food was sit down and they had music . At midnight they had champange, balloons, hats and blowers. It was a very nice party. It was in the convention building. I would think they do the same at Moon Palace.

Regarding the Golf suites, we stayed there this year. It is a long walk to the Sunrise side, over a mile. They do have golf carts going by and picking you up and taking you to the road. Where a lobby to lobby bus will pick up up. We had a baby and stroller and it was very hard to get around. They were able to move us to the Sunrise side.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Am glad to hear they are willing to accomodate in a situation such as that. If it were just the two of you I'll betcha you would have been zipping around in those golf carts, eh? :)

3. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Michael - You'll love this!! While at Cancun Palace last week, we attended our membership upgrade presentation with the sales gurus... It was funny that they don't do them at the Moon Palace anymore. They told us that they are putting something like 1000 more rooms in at the Moon. They are building in the space between Sunrise and Nizuc where the mini golf is now. The sales guy was very excited to share that information. I told him that it wasn't a good thing!!! It's big enough already!! Between the new Golf Suites and this news, it's getting out of control. $$$$$ :evil: Our gem will never be the same.

4. sandyjoanne

sandyjoanne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What about the Grand Moon

When we were at the Moon in January, they were talking about the Grand Moon Palace which is next to Nizuc. They were suppose to be all Pres. Suites. I don't think there is much room by the mini golf for 1000 rooms.
    You could see the building going on by Nizuc. Moon is so big now, it is not fun there anymore, it is to crowded. Did you get to see Pres. Suites at Cancun Palace. We are going there this winter, instead of Moon Palace.
    Glad you had agood time in cancun.
    Sandy

5. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That would be really sad!! We had fun with the mini golf!! Your right it will never be the same.

6. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Sandy,

Yes, we did see the Pres Suites at Cancun Palace. They are very nice with font to back balconies. Master bedroom balcony overlooks the ocean and the second bedroom balcony overlooks the lagoon, and they connect wrapping around the side. To be honest, I like the Pres Suites at Moon Palace better. They have a much more homey feel. The CP suites are too sterile looking to me.

Thanks for clarifying the location of the new construction at the Moon. I was going by what the sales guy said. My husband and I both shook our heads when he told us where they would be. We didn't think there was enough space there either.

7. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    yeh, for the past 12 months or so peeps have been reporting some construction going on to the south of the Nizuc and that the MP was expanding. I figure that's what this is. 1000 rooms, eh? what are the chances they are trying to attract more conventioners?

8. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is your trip report!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    I have chewed my fingernails down to the nub waiting on it!!!!
    Save my fingers and post something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :lol:

9. kwright

kwright Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back from the MP last night. We bought in after our 2nd year of going there. The construction is coming along fairly rapidly with several buildings already completed. This was the pitch I recieved. The Grand Palace will be opening by the end of Dec. of this year ( I thought NO WAY in hell, until I drove by an access road one evening and witnessed several hundred workers waiting for busses, not to mention they have lights and are working round the clock ). It will be a members only resort with 1600 jacuzzi suites and 300 Presidential suites. The models and drawings I saw looked very nice, but not alot different than the exsisting rooms.

10. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    "members only"

Meaning only accessible to time-share owners? That would apply to the suites/rooms only, right? What about the restaurants/clubs/bars/pools?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice