Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Congrats on your choice! How long are you gonna stay? If it's for a week or more, def. do two excursions: Chichen Itza and Isla Mujeres.

Chichen is one of UNESCO's World Heritage sites, and is considered one of the "Wonders of the World". Don't miss out on this one, especially if the day trip is free!!!

Isla Mujeres has the potential to be loads of fun, especially if you try to be extra adventurous and depart from the plan once on the island and leave the "beach club" area to explore the island at your leisure. Just be sure you find out where your tour departs from the docks further north, so you still get the free ride back.

Shuttles to/from the hotel zone I suppose should be back fully by the time you have your vacation, as the Cancun Palace and other Palace resorts there should be open by then. These are normally stops for the shuttle in addition to stops at one or two of the shopping centers in the area. Plan in advance what days you want to do certain activities (Chichen, hotel zone, Isla Mujeres), so that you can arrange these the day you arrive at the resort. Shuttle space now is apparently by reservations only, so schedule this arrangement ahead of time.

2. laura1957

laura1957 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moon Palace Feb 2-9, 2007

We will be there from Friday 2/2/07 until Friday 2/9/07. Thanks for the suggestions - Chichen will be tops on the list for my husband, Isla Mujeres for me!!

I think he is also set on the sail and snorkel? tour. I would love anything that has to do with a boat of any kind. I am really not much of a swimmer at all - but the sailing part sounds great! We also are not "beach" people, we are much more pool people. But we do love walking along the beach. The seaweed or seagrass sounds perfectly okay to us as long as there is sand to walk on.

So it looks like Chichen Itza, Isla Mujeres, Sail and Snorkel, and maybe another mayan site. I know that sounds like a lot to cram into what amounts to 6 whole days but I think we will try it.

I do understand that as long as we prepay the all-inclusive fee that we can reserve the tours over the internet before we actually get to Cancun. And that with 30 day notice they will pick us up at the airport (both to and from airport is included??)

3. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It may depend on the agent/agency you are buying through. For our plan, transfers were included.

Unless the MP has changed in some way since I was there last it is 100% all-inclusive (AI), so there there shouldn't be any extra fee to purchase AI status. It's part of the plan already.

Arranging tours and shuttle prior to your arrival there is ideal. Gets you to the head of the line so to speak vs. peeps who have to wait until they get to the resort to do so.

4. r&k in MN

r&k in MN Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moon Palace

Hi Everyone!

We've been reading through the many great posts and especially enjoyed the trip reports that janie has done! I hope the Moon Palace resembles the properties that she's visited!

We are looking forward to 5 days at the MP in January, 2007 and am very interested in people's thoughts/suggestions regarding the restauants, activities, etc. at MP.

Can't wait to get to Cancun :cool: , but still wishing for a white Christmas in MN :!:

:xmas TO ALL!

Rich

5. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  6. r&k in MN

r&k in MN Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moon Palace Video

Lee,

Thanks for the great views of the MP in your video :!:

We are looking forward to checking it out in person in just 13 more(hopefully short) days and just seeing the sun, sand, pools, etc. makes it seem that it isn't so far away!

What were your favorite restaurants at the MP?

Any other suggestions or "don't miss" recommendations to see/do at the MP?

Thanks Again,

Rich

7. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your very welcome!! Always helps having a view from someone who's been, I know it helped me....

You wont go wrong with any of the resturaunts at Moon Palace they're all in my opinion of a VERY HIGH standard, my favourites were....

Palapa Barracuda (Steak house) - Sunrise Poolside
    La Góndola (Italian) - Sunrise Adjacent to lobby
    MoMoNoHaNa (Oriental) - Sunrise Adjacent to lobby

Also a must visit are the two resturants on the Golf complex, which you can get a golf buggy too as transportation, these are;

La Trattoria (Italian Dinner a la carte 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm)
    Bambu (Oriental restaurant featuring dinner a la carte from 6:00 pm - 11:00 pm)

Both of these are subject to a dress code but are amazing...

Hope this helps, but as I say the food as a whole is superb!!!

8. osumom

osumom Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just back from the Hilton and Moon Palace.

Favorite restaurant was the Asian - you must order the fried ice cream. It was the best dessert at the Moon Palace. Brazilian was very good as well. The Italian was just average for food in our opinion, but the service was awesome in every restaurant and everywhere! I'm been to 6 resorts in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area and the service at the Moon Palace was tops! Here's some photos if you're interested.

http://www.shockwave.com/rd/photojam4/?3897681/1169259901066_434

9. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I sooo miss the Moon Palace. Thanks for sharing...

10. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wonderful, those picture do the Moon Palace all the justice and then some... Just want May to hurry round now so I can go back

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice