Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MIKE F OR SOMEONE I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION!!!

HOW BAD DO THEY PUSH THE TIMESHARE? WE ARE BOTH YOUNG AND IT IS TAKING ALL WE HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS WEDDING AND TRIP. IF WE TELL THEM NO IN THE NICEST WAY WE CAN ARE THEY GOING TO BE CRAPPY TO US. WE JUST WANT A NICE RELAXING HONEYMOON WITH NO BS.

2. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Peaches,

They do push the time share pretty hard. Just continue to say "No, thank you" and all will be fine. They do not treat you any different at the hotel. The employees that push the time share are separate.

When you get there, you will be assigned a "representative" that will help you arrange for your free tours and give you information about the hotel. This is the person that will bug you to attend the presentation. They will not come out and tell you it's a time share thing. It's really not a time share, but a vacation club you buy into to get reduced rates for future trips.

The first time we went, we were very polite and said no and we were not bothered more than twice. The second time we decided to attend and we did purchase, but it's not for everybody.

Remember, it's YOUR honeymoon and your vacation. Don't let ANYONE ruin it for you, least of all pushy sales people.

You will have a wonderful time!!

Denise

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beach is no good even when they have a great reef area in front (need a boat to get there) to do a great snorkeling or fishing (one of our fav spots).

Specialty restaurants are great, the greatest for us sushi bar and italian.

Also a great kids club with tons of activities if you are travelling with children.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It's a sad reality no matter where in Cancun you are. Just be glad the MP timeshare sharks don't haunt you while you are sitting at breakfast or lunch...happens in one or two other locations in 'cun.

5. tcb2317

tcb2317 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moon Palace restaurants

Can anyone give me a quick rundown (Sunrise or Nizuc, styles, recommended or not, etc) on the restaurants at the MP? It doesn't matter-buffet, palapa grills, full service- whatever. I'd appreciate any and all info you guys could provide. Thanks

6. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HI!! HOW FAR ARE THE RUINS FROM THE MOON PALACE?? I KNOW ONE OF THEM IS ALMOST A 3 HOUR DRIVE BUT WHICH ONE IS IT AND WHAT ONE IS THE CLOSEST?

I'M SO EXCITED AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE!! I DAYDREAM ALL THE TIME!!!

7. Denise-n-Jayson

Denise-n-Jayson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tulum is about 2 hours away and Chizen Itza is about 3 hours. We went to Tulum last year from the Moon Palace. They make a shopping stop on the way if you take the tour to break it up. It's a long hot day, but definitely worth it. You get free tours (like this) with your trip and can sign up when you arrive. The Tulum tour is Tulum/Xpu-Ha in one day.

8. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YA I KNEW ABOUT GETTING THE TOURS FROM MP JUST CAN'T DECIDED WHAT TO DO! I WANT TO SEE XPU-HA MY BEST FRIEND WENT THERE 4 HER HONEYMOON AND LOVES IT. IN A FEW YEARS WE WANT TO TAKE ALL OF OUR KIDS BACK. TULUM IS WHAT WE MIGHT DO. IF I CAN TALK CHRIS INTO IT. ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS LOUNG AT THE POOL WITH A BEER AND ON KIDS. I WANT TO GO GO GO !!! SEE EVERYTHING

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

9. tcb2317

tcb2317 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we're on our trip at the MP, I'd really like to charter a boat and go fishing w/ some of our group. I've checked some of the other threads on fishing, but I haven't seen any boats departing from anywhere near MP. Does anyone know if MP has a recommended or preferred vendor for fishing trips? Can you book a fishing excursion through the Aquaworld desk? Or do I have to travel into the Hotel Zone, Downtown, or elsewhere to do this? I'd appreciate any info.

T.

10. Barry

Barry Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, lot's of good questions regarding the Moon Palace. We have stayed at MP 5-6 times, and are returning on May 11th thru the 15th. We have visited 2 other Palace Resorts (Cancun Palace & Beach Palace) and eaten at the Beach Palace. The beaches are better in the Hotel Zone, however, we were not impressed with the ambiance at either resort. Plus the dinner we ate at the Beach Palace was lacking variety & quality.

Overall, the Moon IS a 5 Star resort. The variety of restaurants, bars, lounges, pool areas is so vast, you do not have to leave the resort to enjoy yourselves. BTW, we are not members. We just love the feel of the resort.

That said, let me see if I can put my two cents worth into answering some of the questions:

Time Share Sharks: Beware!! The desks right across from the registration area, although resembling hotel concierges, THESE PEOPLE ARE TIME SHARE. The best thing to do is to go over to the table, introduce yourselves, the room you're staying in, and tell them you have already seen the presentation, and flattly tell them that you are not interested. This should remove you from future pestering. Next, when you get to your room, you'll notice is a message flashing on your phone. This is a time share invitation. Ignore! Next, they usually slide an "invitation" under your door in the middle of the night. Ignore! (Please note; I said pestering and not harassing. They have never reached the harrassment level)

If you are inclined to purchase a time-share, look on-line for a re-sale. Much cheaper.

Tours: Many tours are available thru the Moon Palace. Some tours are included in your hotel package for no charge. Also, there is an area that has desks set-up with various tour agencies. You usually have to go to this area to arrange for your return tranfers to the airport. Speak with them about any additional tours.
    REMINDER: Do not talk to the "concierges across from the registration areas!! These are TimeShare Sharks!

They do offer a number of fishing tours. I think some even leave from the MP dock.

Beach: The beach at the MP is vast, and well groomed. The "Zamboni" makes continuous passes thru-out the day to clean up the sea grass. My pix have 6 photos showing various cleaning activities.

There are many palapas on the beach, and usually do not have trouble getting one, even later in the day. (The ones with built-in tables need to be saved early, though)

The reasons for the complaints about the beach is due to the reef that Ana mentioned. This reef protects the area from the heavier seas and thus prevents the natural washing out of the sea grass. The water does not have that famous blue color as seen in the HZ, and really is not too inviting for a swim. That said, the pool is one of the largest in MX, and should satisfy your swimming needs.

I'm running out of time to finish, but here's our link to photos of the MP http://community.webshots.com/user/barry414
    I'll pop back in later to catch up on further questions.

Hey all, don't forget your La Casita donation. It's for the kids!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice