Money questions.............

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. tea_jay85

tea_jay85 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Depends what you want really ...
    We gave the same guy at our hotel about 15-20 a day in one hit and he looked after us all day ... and out in the clubs it is a lot easier to get drinks with a 1 or even 5 dollar bill in your hand if your getting a lot of drinks ... If you are patient though you can get away with less tip money.
    tim

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    actually they get screwed by a lot more people than take care of them.

remember, most of them weren't doing too well when Wilma blew Cancun to bits a couple years ago.

3. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its better to have that all in cash? I figured I'd spend that much, but only take out as much as I needed that day.

And under what circumstances would I need to exchange? Not all the places take U.S.?

4. tea_jay85

tea_jay85 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your hotel will be able to exchange money for you, but as henry said i think they do hit you a little harder for commission and their rates may not be as good as getting it out at an ATM... But for convenience the hotel is pretty good ....

We just got 1000 or so last time and yeah, got out like $10 for day time tips and then got out $80 for night time each night ....

Tim

5. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    ATM is the way to go. Never leave that much cash in a strange place. Those hotel safes are a deterrent, but certainly not perfectly 'safe'

However, I understand that the Brits and Aussies tend to get much higher ATM fees every time they use the machine... so it's a tough call.

I used the ATM every day.... kept an extra $200 hidden just in case I lost the ATM card or something and needed it to get home or out of jail :cool:

6. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah thats definitely an eastcoast way of doing things. :lol: Instincts tell me to hide all of it in the bank until needed. But it would be nice to have access to a large sum, cuz sometimes trying to find an atm is a pain in the ass. Especially when things are about to go dooown. I've missed a few things in my outings trying to get to the atm :lol:

I just noticed you said out of Jail. LOL!!!

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YEah the ATM or the actual bank is the best way to do it...Don't use the Hotel exchange they kill you on the exchange rate

8. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah, thats about a good estimate... I usually take i dunno 20 out in the day..probablty not gonna need to at the oasis,then about $100 per night just to be sure

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well dont' forget also once you ahev purchased your arm band for the bar that night you don't really need that much cash with you when youa re out and about during the night

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice