Money money money....

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Frenchy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mate id like to do abit of everything.lol.
    But thats what everyone seems to be saying about $100 p/day. So thats what ill save up for.

2. Jetsetter 07

Jetsetter 07 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Speaking as a non-AI vacationer, I still only spend about $100 a day. I usually go with $800-1000 USD and come back home with $300-400 and that's with having to buy all my meals and drinks at the resort. And trust me, I'm a big drinker. :p Like everyone else said, it depends on how much you want to drink and eat outside of your resort, how many excursions you do and how many clubs, bars, etc you plan on going to. Have fun! Live it up!

3. neubreed314

neubreed314 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yo frenchy....

congrads on booking your holiday!!!!

if your not going AI you should pick up the 2x1 card thats sold on this sight....it'll save some dinero!!!!

thats it....any ?'s

4. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spending

Yeah. about 100-150 a day for the two of us.

I recommend getting the 2 for 1 card. 15US and good for 2 people.
    Many good restaurants and some clubs support the card. Also some popular tours.

We saved more than the cost the first time we used it :lol:

At the AI some days we only spent tip money. Tip your bartenders based on what it would have cost at home and they will treat you like a king!

There's an extensive thread on tipping that you can find within the first few pages.

Jimmy

5. CancunViaCO

CancunViaCO Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last May, for a 4 night stay, I brought 500. Before the trip I stopped at my bank and got 100 one dollar bills. Like justjimmy, I stayed at a AI resort and most days only spent money tipping. I did go to clubs 2 out of the 4 nights and did the jungle tour and still came home with $100. So the 100 a day is a good estimate.

Frenchy I know the dollar idea might not help but I just putting it out there for others. The trips before I found it hard to get change, especially at the resort.

6. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    when i was last there in 05 for spring break, i think i took £700 and that just about lasted me the 2 weeks. And that was going out everynight, a few excursions including deep sea fishing which i would really recommend (about $150 p/p) -

say on average we were spending $50 a night to get in to a club, then probably $10/20 each on tips (the more you give the better service you get) and then $15 for a pizza on the way back

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice