Money & Ice

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by meliss_880, Feb 12, 2008.

1. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Woot! Thats good news. I may bring some pepto juch in case.

2. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, DO get that acidophilis stuff Jason mentioned. If you want to bring the Pepto for whatever other issues may come up that's fine but that acidophilis stuff is key specifically for Mexican water issues.

3. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanx, I'll look it up.

4. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're welcome.

5. meliss_880

meliss_880 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for all the info!! :)

6. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's what this site and forum are all about. All things Cancun. Just doing my part to help out around here. But you're welcome.

7. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Meliss, $250 cash does not seem like a hell of alot of $$$ to bring. It is also hard to answer that question not knowing how many nights you are staying. I recommend you bring all you can, and also have some standby cash (Reserves) availible , because you never know what the next day or day will bring. And as far as water and ice, I dont trust either....I had the so called filtered ice, @ the Oasis Trip 1, back in 2003 and yesss may i mention was a victim of Montazuma's revenge for a day or 2. I think it just depends on the person, some people can tolerate it, some can not. So just as a precaution, all my drinks are iceless, and will only drink bottle water, soon too be 9trips later I must say this strategy has worked since.

8. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Spoken like a true Legend.

Seriously, definately agree on his money tip, having been broke there myself and needed Western Union. Can't go wrong on the ice/water tip, either. Regardless if you use ice there or not, have that acidopilis on hand in case you get a visit from Montezuma somehow. (Example: Be careful not to get shower water in your mouth!)

9. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm going to keep $1000 in my checking account, accessible by ATM card. If I need more money, I have my laptop and can transfer money from my other accounts into my checking account. Western Union is so 19th century. :lol:

10. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That was 6 years ago.... and my life was quite the movie script at the time! I got to Cancun with nine PESOS.... blah blah blah.... it worked out and here I am! Good for you that you have that in your life. No sarcasm there. I got it like that now, though. (Especially once I get married!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice