mobile phones?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by n8&christy, Jan 10, 2008.

1. n8&christy

n8&christy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will our mobile phones work in Cancun? I know when we were in the bahamas certain carriers worked and others didn't. Appreciate any info.

2. jgslumlord

jgslumlord Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cell phone

Same thing with mx. I have at&t and i have to call them to add international roaming and i have always had excellent service in cancun. there is a couple of different options you can choose from so the per minute charge will suit your needs. the option i used was to add a $4.00 charge per mth for international roaming (and i think it had to stay on your bill for at least 3 mths) and the per minute charge was .59 cents. good luck and enjoy your vacation.

3. C5xcitmt

C5xcitmt Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have Sprint and I swear our phones worked better in Cancun than back home (we live in a rural community). The cost to make calls was about $1.50 a minute which is alot better than messing with a phone card. We didn't need to sign up for an international calling plan....we just called Sprint and then did a quick download.

4. urefinneJ

urefinneJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are actually planning to use your phone, mexitel.net only charges 30 cents per minute.

Also I saw a post on TA (I think) talking about getting 20 minutes to the US from these phones for $1 somehow, which would actually be a better price than a phone card.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice