MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - PREGNANT MOM HAS HER BLOOD CREDITS

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Mar 4, 2008.

1. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm really glad that everything worked out.

More importantly it's nice to know that there are people out there who care and are willing to help not only a friend out, but a friend of a friend of a friend.

Special kudos to TJ and Trina for really going out of their way to get this thing rolling.

Let us know the stats of the baby will you?

2. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you are right...another friend had emergency surgery at Galenia Hospital and I think she had to have donors before she would be released.

We thought of donating in advanced as well, but I think that would really confuse things...you list the patient name and number on the forms, so I would bet money that you would be refused to donate in advance for yourself.

As of 11am, she is in the operating room, just heard from husband...anxiously waiting...will post as soon as I hear anything.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    spin.

That is exactly what it is called.

Actually, except for the hurry up and wait situation, my experience was just fine as far as the process was concerned. I have a bit of a bruise a bit larger than when I usually donate but Bundy told me the needle was large enough to drink a soda through. My policy is not to look at needles.

On the other hand, Bundy has a bruise the size of a 100 peso coin. Yes, 100 and not 10. They found his vein but could not penetrate it. Sort of like his exterior hard shell that all of us know and love; well most of us anyway. That is in addition to the nurse or tech hitting a nerve while probing around and he described it as a lightning strike starting at his ear and going to his foot. Sounds like fun to me.

WE ARE WAITING ON WORD FROM THE PAPA THAT MAMA AND BEBE ARE FINE.

4. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am happy about all. I cannot donate because of hepatitis, but when I had my open heart surgery, they took my blood... just in case.

Well, they needed 3 times more. They took 1/4 litre, and I can tell you, TJ, it was VERY PAINFUL :cry: and it took very long. Nothing like when they take it for a test. Yes, maybe a needle like a straw :D However I am not sure about a nerve around :roll: But maybe the persons in charge at the IMSS are just learning. Are you sure they took blood???

Long life to Bebe! :D Congrats (please transmit)

5. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Healthy baby girl Sofia born at 6:18PM, 3 kilo 184 grams (just over 7 lbs), 53 cm (20.8 inches), 10 fingers, 10 toes.

Will see her tomorrow during visiting hours and report back with pics. I am so happy for them. :D

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yippee.

We done good.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Congrats to the Mom!

Expecting something different? :wink:

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm so glad that all is well with the baby and mom! Good job TJ and Trina. You can make a difference just by being the good people that you are and trying! I'm proud of you and Lisa and Bundy and everyone who tried!

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats great news!

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am going to see the baby tomorrow. Trina could not get in today as she had shorts on, but they said she could wrap a towel around her big ole butt. That makes perfect sense. ??????

I hope the baby does not look like Steve.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice