Mexico Vape Ban

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by nitelife, Feb 25, 2020.

1. nitelife

nitelife Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Hi All,
    I just read an article that as of Feb 20th it is illegal to import and sell Vaping products in Mexico. I know that Vaping has been illegal in Mexico since 2008 and I've heard that people have had their juice taken at the Airport when they tried to bring too much.
    What I am wondering is since the all out ban on Feb 20th am I going to have all my Vape stuff removed and be fined when coming in through the Airport? Will I end up in Mexican jail?
    I stopped going to Dominican because of their Airport Vape rules when leaving so I really hope I don't have to stop going to Mexico or try and quit Vaping.

2. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    Following

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Tim&Pam77

Tim&Pam77 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0
  4. KyleandShaylaK

KyleandShaylaK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +218 / 0
    I guess I have to ask.... why risk it? Why would you risk your holiday?

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,167 / 7
    I wouldn't necessarily risk my holiday bring something that is 100% going to get you in trouble if they find it. I think the bigger question is now are they enforcing any stricter laws they have updated, or now put in place.

I have traveled with my vape juice, and it's just in a clear plastic bag like the TSA tells you to do, separated from the battery. Never had a problem, and I have gotten the red light search twice with it, and it wasn't an issue. If it's a matter of throwing out a $10 juice, no biggie. But I don't necessarily want to bring my device if it could end up in the trash or get me in trouble.

I think now that things just changed on Feb 20th, we just have to ask from time to time over the next few weeks what they are doing.

6. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    All your personal and individual adult decisions of course. What harm you chose do to your body is none of our business.
    For important reasons of your health, longevity, costs and loved ones, maybe 2020 is a great time to make that important and life-extending decision to quit smoking and vaping rather than becoming, in many circles, a social or regulatory pariah? It's not easy to give up habits or addictions, but much support is available. It's a matter of choice, Desire and willpower.
    Full disclosure, we're clearly non-smokers/non-vapers, as are our family and friends. It's an off-putting, deal breaker for us.
    We do appreciate that this direct posting may become a lightening rod for polarized and addicted keyboard warriors.
    It's only intended as food for thought ... and a friendly, public nudge. Take good care, :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,167 / 7
    It amazing the amount of people that will tell you to stop smoking or vaping. But if you suggest to people to stop drinking, heads go through the roof.

How is one thing perceived so OK, and the other "So nasty and needs to stop for everyone". Alcohol literally does more damage to in every way shape and form, then smoking, vaping, and smoking the MJ.

But one is OK to speak out against, but the other isn't cause "the masses" determine what's acceptable and what isn't, cause more individuals participle than do not in said "socially acceptable vice". It's the most hypocritical shit ever.

I think coffee is gross, and needing a daily, repeat "caffeine fix" is stupid. But people "Would die before they give up coffee and caffeine". The guy sitting next to me at work refers to it as his "life blood". Well what if I came in every morning and banged a quick line, or did a coffee Patron shot, to get me amped for the day.

My point is it's stupid to judge or talk people out of the "fixes" they enjoy. (expect for needle drugs or meth, or heavy pain killers....yeah don't do those things. The outcome is always terrible)

• Agree x 11
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  8. 2xfun4us

2xfun4us Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I think the problem is especially for those whose trip is scheduled and coming up soon and were not expecting this. This is an addiction. Having to go through withdrawal during your vacation at TTR just doesn't sound like any fun for me. Wheather you think it's right or wrong to vape it doesn't matter. Quitting just for a vacation when your supposed to have fun and enjoy yourself will make people decide not to go. Especially if your like me and someone is trying to make you do something. Maybe I just have a problem with authority. Lol. But you don't want to end up in Mexican jail either because you're not sure of the exact rules either.
    (By the way I quit smoking in December and before that I wouldn't have booked any vacation where I couldn't and would be royally pissed if the rules changed after I booked)
    Just my thoughts from my experience. It is what it is.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
  10. Gdllraul

Gdllraul Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    The new law enforced the buy, sale or importation of the vape and juice, for Mexicans, it’s not clear about foreign consumers to be temporary in the country

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice