Mexico Travel Warning?!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jjrichardson, Mar 14, 2010.

1. FloRida~Cancun

FloRida~Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was there in March and had a great time! Me and 2 friends ventured out into the city on a few occasions and never had a problem. We went to an all Mexican club twice and never had an issue other then a couple gang members beating up a dude in front of me, but it was another mexican dude they were beating up. Also went to a strip club about a 45 minute drive away and never had an issue other then the cops pulling us over and we had to bribe them with 200 pesos.....I would not recommend doing what we did if you don't speak at least good enough spanish to get around. Oh yeah I actually took a cab to the city by myself to meet up with this mexican chick I met. That was dumb and I was drunk and it could have turned out really bad but it actually turned out really good lol if you know what i mean lol.

But yeah none of this is recommend. I'm just simply saying that it's like any city, you have to be aware of your surroundings at all times. But yeah the hotel zone is pretty safe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice