mexico on 15th march....help...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by smorriss38, Jan 13, 2009.

1. smorriss38

smorriss38 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello..im off to mexico with one other person on the 15th of march for two weeks. we are staying in aquamarina beach hotel and all inclusive. i havnt got a clue how cheap things are like beer...to eat out..etc so any helpful tips pointers would be really greatful :)

2. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in the hotel zone things can be fairly expensive. a lot of people will take the bus (cheap) into town--go to Walmart or a Chedraui--load up on beer and such. our villa has a kitchen and we usually eat breakfast at least there in the villa.

restaurants are cheaper downtown than they are in the hotel zone.

ask the concierge at your hotel for help with the busses. we rented a car for several years but the last four years we've used the busses exclusively (if we use a taxi at all it will be after we are already in town. . .they're much cheaper there. . .again, ask you concierge for the details).

you'll be there during the birthday of Benito Juarez. . should be a fiesta at Parque de Las Palapas. Let's see. . his 200th birthday was in March of '06 so this will be 203. There were some entertainers from Oaxaca (the state of his birth) at the park then. The spring equinox will occur during your visit. . have you thought about going to Chichen Itza?

3. smorriss38

smorriss38 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what is ther chichen?lol i havnt a clue sorry :) thank you for your help too! should the weather be ok in mid march? yea i heard bout the spring break thing at least wont be dead n be abit lively...xx

4. al & flora

al & flora Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can anyone post the correct bus to take to get to/from the HZ to Wal*Mart ?

5. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mayan ruins which were listed as one if the World's newest wonders. Here's a link to check it out:

www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Tours/Chichen_Itza/

Can't give you a specific bus, but they will say "Walmart" on the front of them. I am sure one of the locals or regulars will pick this up and give you the correct number.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice