Mexico minister 'killed' in crash

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Nov 4, 2008.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ouch. I didn't check the date on the CNN post. You are correct. I apologize. As far as your pilot's assurances, he's doing just that, assuring his boss. When you're doing your certifiations, both in prop and in jet piloting, the engine-out-on takeoff and the engine-out-on-approach are two of the hairiest experiences you can have. And no matter how many times your instructor subjects you to the surprise, you sweat and clinch just as hard as the first. Just to clarify, I'm speaking of close ground proximity, not at altitude. The off-wing roll close to the ground can result in wing contact with the runway, as in the Coulthard accident, or, if it occurs during your final turn-in on approach, a classic approach stall.

Nevertheless, I apologize for the mi- post on the engine. Sorry, Jim.

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No problem. And if you read the transcript of the black box recording, it is really sad and shows that the copilot was the most experienced of the 2 and only turned over control a few seconds before the crash. Like the U.S. folks who reviewed the black box recording said: "A tragic accident."

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The translation into English was a little lacking...the swearing in Spanish was a bit more uh...emphatic. I tear up each time I read it in Spanish. What a horrible tragedy. What a horrible way to die.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice