Mexicana

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by angels_among_us, Jun 1, 2008.

1. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey I read that you get lunch and liquor included when you use Mexicana. Not worried about the liquor since we will have the kids lol but was wondering if anyone has used them from DF to mexico city and then to cancun and if meals was included then? It is such a short flight i would not think so but figure I should ask lol. also what was your service like?

BTW the flights are a little over 2 hours each way( dfw to mexico city then mexico city to cancun) We booked it this way b/c we saved a bundle and can now stay 2 extra days b/c of the savings.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Not sure how comfortable I'd be in using them. On this last trip several people that booked with them had late flights or last minute schedule changes that really left a bad taste in their mouth. Their prices seem really cheap till they put you through the wringer.

Jamie

3. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't answer on the food situation as well, but it seems that MichaelF had a connection through there on his way to Merida and it sounded as though his connection through Mexico City was a pain as well.

A little edit to include Michael F.'s TR to Merida that discusses his travel through Mexico City (DF). The first one sounded as though an administrative discrepency might have been the culprit but the trip home sounded as though it was more about the layout of the airport itself. Hope you they don't have you going to... cue the Twilight Zone Theme Song... Sala G.

Flight Down:
    www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26475&highlight=merida

Return Flight:
    www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35478&highlight=merida

I'm sure that you folks will have a great time regardless of any travel glitches. Just make sure you let us know how things went in your TR upon your return.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I honestly don't know ANYONE who flew with them that had a pleasureable experiance. I'm sure that someone out there has or the airline wouldn't be in business......I have just never had the pleasure of meeting one of their satisfied customers.

Michelle

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We flew Cancun to Mexico City and back, no problems. It was a short flight so no food and obviously not an International flight.

6. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've used them many times (before they left the Star Alliance group). They were one of my top airlines to fly. That was pre 2005, I think.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mexicana is big, they have lots and lots of flights every day between Cancun and Mexico City. They do give you a small meal, nothing special and not warm (a small sandwich). My husband has flown to Mexico City many times on Mexicana.

According to him MagniCharters gives the best service to Mexico City of all the Mexican airlines. MagniCharters serves a hot meal on the flight to Mexico City from Cancun.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The best fares seem to be on Volaris and Interjet into Toluca, which is suburban D.F. Also, every Tuesday, Aviacsa runs specials but they go into the Mexico City airport.

9. mommy2allyandaveri

mommy2allyandaveri Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are traveling Oakland CA to Mexico City to Cancun and back the same route in less than 2 months :D I really hope we have a good experience, these posts made me a little nervous. The way there isn't so much a big deal as the way home, we don't get in until 11PM and the last thing I want to do is be pissed off about my travel experience.

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Angels and Mommy,

I have flown Mexicana probably a dozen times over the years and ALWAYS had a SATISFACTORY experience. I have flown to and from Mexico City from Cancun and to and from Cancun from Miami. I am pretty sure I flew from Cancun to Mexico City to Lima, Peru a couple of years ago too.

Anyway, I have no complaints.

My earlier post had to do with perhaps better fares being available from Toluca to Cancun, if that airport option works for you. But it does not look like it will for Mommy.

Oh yeah; a friend flew here from LAX in April and flew Mexicana. Except for a long layover and a late night arrival in Cancun, both of which were options that she chose, she had no issues with Mexicana.

Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice