Mexican jail

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by memphis whitehat, Dec 14, 2012.

1. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    The ass-hat Bill O'Reilly wants me to boycott Mexico? Thanks Bill.. I'm now going out of my way to make an extra trip to Cancun this year just cuz you told me not to. ...f*ckin' clown.

2. R&JSki

R&JSki Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amen brother. As an active duty soldier I can verify that this guy should have known better. I can remember over a dozen safety briefs mentioning not bringing weapons into Mexico. The borders are now off limits to soldiers in most cases. I'm not going to let some Marine's mistake prevent me from enjoying the better parts of our neighbor to the south.

3. LFC2012

LFC2012 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Guns

What would happen if i went to usa with a gun think i would be let off

4. fireguy2035

fireguy2035 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The guy has already served 4 months in a Mexican jail with out a trial....pretty harsh I would say for mistakenly taking a single shot antique shotgun into a country. It's not like he was assisting the durg cartels to get heavy arms like our government has done. 4 months time for taking the advise of our own agents should be time enought.

5. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    He may not be guilty of assisting any of the cartels but as a former U.S. military personal he has been CLEARLY instructed that Guns or Drugs and Overseas has a severe penalty and should not be mixed. A firearm is a firearm. He is more than accountable for his actions. Unfortunately he has made his own bed and must lie in it.

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Maybe they know something we don't?

Maybe bribes were demanded and not paid ??

Obviously there is something more to the story ,, media will withhold facts to make stories more interesting.

The Mexicans have enuf of their own problems, why would they hold a man for 4 months for bringing in a shot gun that was maybe an inch to short after claiming it to Mexican Custom officials at the border ??

There must be other reasons ???

7. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    I can't say I agree with your statement, but it does serve as a very good lesson for anyone crossing a border. If you have an item, such as a gun, that you want to bring across, ask a representative of that country before going. I am sure that the US border guard thought he had the right information but it's not his job to be versed in the laws of Mexico.

I agree he isn't being treated well but sadly he could have avoided the situation. You have the right to choose not to go if you feel that strongly about it but I think the bigger issue is that he made the choice to take the gun with him. Unfortuantely that is his responsibility.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
  9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

In case your wondering if an English speaking Canadian can read and understand what you wrote..............................................
    ...............no

10. fireguy2035

fireguy2035 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So if 4 months is not long enough of a sentence how many years should he have to serve in a Mexican prison before any of you vets would put down your shot glasses long enough to care. We treat Mexican murderers better in the US than they are treating this guy. I know a little bit about honor. I lost a brother to Viet Nam..I know what its like to have a country that doesn't give a damn about vets first hand. 4 months is long enough. With this guy's PTSD I doubt he will make it a year..they'll kill him claiming he went nuts. I could care less what the Canadians have to say about this....sorry if that offends the Canadians.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice