Mexican Immigration Changes Coming

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Apr 22, 2010.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The air conditioning in INM in T3 quit working two hours ago.

2. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was pretty sure that there was a fee but I couldn't remember the amount.

Now, remember to guard it when you leave as you would the exit form so that your re-entry is a smooth as it can be especially based on RG's INM airport updates.

Thanks RG for the updates and it doesn't sound pretty....

3. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RiverGirl, I'm returning this Thursday. I left about three weeks ago on my FM3. Do you know if I will need to fill out the new form or can I enter on the form I was given?

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well.. hopefully they will figure things out sooner than later.. and within a week everything will get back to "normal". I've got my mom coming down later this month and I'll be seriously pissed if she has to stand for hours on end waiting on immigration. Seems it would be simple enough to just put a few extra agents at the check-in lines to speed things along, but somehow I doubt they would do anything so logical.

RG.. do you have a scan of the new form yet so I might show my mom how to fill it out before she leaves?

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Courtesy to older people

Life, I've seen elderly people pulled out of line (by those assigned to monitor the line), to be taken up to the front for immediate service: alerting your mom to ask for this, if it's not offered, might do the trick.

6. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks V, but my mom would probably get a little offended if I suggested she were elderly..

I might tell her to put an ankle brace on before she leaves the plane thou..;)

7. e.b.

e.b. Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would love to see that form too. I found one on another site but it was too small and blurred when enlarged. Hope all those folks finally got through. What a nightmare.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do both, to be safe, because right now it's not clear what you should do. The new FMM form IS supposed to be used by FM2/3 holders when we re-enter Mexico. But since you already have your return form stamped you might need it instead, this time.

Next time you will use the new FMM form for sure.

Life - I really wish I thought it would be back to normal by then, but for a variety of reasons (which I will write about here later on today) I don't think so. A few more agents won't do it (and they don't have the agents to add anyway).

A little later on I will post scans of the new forms, I've got them now.

Seriously, unless things are markedly better by then advise your mom to request wheelchair help when she boards and exits the plane. Coming off the plane in a wheelchair will give her priority in the INM line and if there's a wait she already has a chair to sit in. Tell her to get over her pride, wheelchair users get VIP treatment in airports.

Yesterday the wait was so bad that anyone with any serious health issues was in danger. Many people fainted even before the a/c quit working. It was really, really bad.

I've got a time constraint right now but will write more later on about all the changes that have been rolled out.

9. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last edited: May 2, 2010
  10. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm coming back Thursday as well. Aghast at RG's reports, and I'm hoping for better on Thursday. I have my red FM3 form - we'll see how it goes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice