Mexican citizenship

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Jun 8, 2007.

1. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now a Mexican citizen

I'm now a Mexican citizen - I have my "carta de naturalizacion".
    The process was very simple. It just takes a little time.

No more visits to immigration for me!!!

2. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats... Welcome to the club

:claphappy: :daveandmo: :viva:

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Where did you find a typist Jen? Do people even own typewriters these days?

My own application has gone somewhat on hold - mainly due to them wanting our original UK marriage certificate which we needed for our recent trip back to the UK, and then me fixing my change of address on my FM3 (still in process went yesterday, queued for an hour and a half only to be told to come back next Wednesday as it wasnt ready yet).

Decided I'm going to go by virtue of a Mexican child rather than marriage. A little more expensive but a little less hassle.

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,
    Click on the relevant DNN form on the website and it will open directly from the site. THen you can complete it there and then on your computer and just print it. I was racking my brains trying to find out the easiest way to do it, and then when I went to the form it opened up straight away in a changeable format.

I think yours would be this one

http://www.sre.gob.mx/english/services/nationality/1e.htm

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of my American friends has been waiting for his FM-2 to process at INM for over 4 (or 5) months. He knows its approved and has even put his thumb print on it (more than a MONTH ago!), and has been playing the "come back next week" game forever.....in any event, if they do ever finish his FM-2 his next stop will be to apply for citizenship, meanwhile he cant sign anything, renew anything, or put anything in his name, thanks to the incompetence at INM.

I've already told him to start following this thread here so he'll know what to expect when he goes for his citizenship. So thanks to all of you that are writing about your experiences in the process.

He has three children here, and a common-law wife, aswell as 9 years of FM-3's so I think he should have no problems getting his citizenship, I just don't know why he has put up with INM for this long, when he could have turned Mexican long ago.

6. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can't imagine why it's taking so long if everythings been authorised!! Mine took it's sweet time as well. After I had made the payment for my fm2 renewel , it still took about 4 more weeks to actually get it.
    4 months is ridiculous! :?

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be fair, he did take about a month to gather up tax receipts for the last 5 years as INM requested, but even still, how long could it possible take to type in someones info after they put their thumb print on the thing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice